Hope Or Give Up

Jo's Pov

After trying to look for myself. I looked everywhere, abandoned places, Alleys and a rape house. I know sounds horrible. It's because it is. When Paul turned abusive, he start making go to these rape houses. I don't know how many times. One day when he was out of town. I packed my stuff. I changed my name. I got into a med school program. I wanted a better life then what I got.

I was paged to the E.R. When I got there. Bailey told me that there is a women who has been in labor, but with a lot of blood.

"Wilson, I need you to come with me. It could be Meredith we don't know. We have no idea what condition this women has been in" She explained.

"Yes Doctor Baliey" I replied.

I get my Grey Sloan jacket on. I had outside to where the amblance is. It's middle of winter. As we were driving. The sky was white. The snow fell gently on the wind shield. But wiped away. This process kept going for what seemed like hours. The ambulance doors opened. I climbed out. There was a cop car. I decided to ask what the call sounded like. He tells a description.

"Can you tell me what the call sounded like"? I asked

"It sounded like a male voice. He said that a women Brooke was in labor" He told me.

Not long after, the women was carried out of the dark building. She was put into the ambulance. I climbed in after. Baliey climbed in next. The women was covered in bruises. She had a black eye. She looked like she was just beaten. The horrifying memories popped into my mind. I heard could still Paul's screaming of torture. The thought shivers up my spine. I shake the feeling off. I began to exam the women. When I got close. I noticed she had the same bone structure as Meredith. My heart rate quickened. Then I saw that she had dark navy blue scrubs. It was all startingto match up. The women opened her eyes. She had the same color eyes as Meredith.

It clicked that we found Meredith. I lifted her shirt. It revealed more and more bruises. I started to burst into tears.

"Oh my god! Meredith I'm so sorry" I cried.

She turned her head slightly. Meredith tried to speak but She started to fade into the darkness.

"Vib"! Baliey shouted.

"Crash cart"! I yelled.

I put the paddles on to her chest. I wiped my eyes.

"Charge to 200"! I shouted.

"Charging to 200"! Baliey shouted.

"Clear"! I yelled. There was a huge shock noise.

"sinus rhythm" I said out of breath. The ambulance pulled into the pit. We climbed out. We were greeted by. Alex, Jackson, Webber, Owen and Maggie.

"What to do we have"? Webber asked.

I didn't know what to say.

"Brooke Stadler, pregnant 41 weeks. Multiple bruises. In properly healed wounds" the paramedic stated.

Alex looked at me confused. I decided to interrupt.

"It's not Brooke, it's Meredith" I told them.

Alex's eyes just looked like he died right there. They pulled out Meredith. Everyone gasped. Except me and Baliey we stayed silent as tears rolled down our cheeks. Alex bursts into tears and starts hyperventilating. I pulled Alex out of the scene. We head to an on-call room.

"He raped her" Alex said heart broken.

"I know Alex, I'm truely sorry" I apologized.

"Don't you say your sorry, it wasn't your fault" He snapped.