Tick Tick Beeep

Bailey's pov

I just told Alex that Mer is depressed and has PTSD. "What do you mean, Mer's depressed"? He asked. "Alex, I know you don't want to hear this. But you have to, Mer has shown signs of depression. Maybe it's due to the shooting and she also has a little bit of PTSD. She developed when Derek was shot in front of her" I informed as I gently placed my hand on his shoulder. He starts crying. "Alex are you okay"? I asked as a faint panic crossed my face as I tried to hide it but He saw that I was in complete panic mode. He shook his head and I raced and hit the code blue button. Not even seconds later nurses rushed in. "Alex you are having a heart attack" I shouted as He fell into complete black out. I placed the paddles on his chest. Tears were falling quickly onto my cheeks. I tried to wipe them away.

"Woah what's going on here"? Someone asked behind. I looked behind me. There was Cristina standing there. She dropped the pudding on the floor as she slid against the door. Her eyes were red and puffy.

"Baliey what happned"? Cristina asked as her voice strained. I handed webber the paddles, took Cristina and lead her to the door. Her eyes were pleading for me to answer. "He had heart attack". I stated as I kept the emotion out of my voice as best as I could. She broke down more. "How could this happen. He was just fine"? She yelled as tears stained her cheeks and fell on my scrubs. "I'm so sorry Cristina. We are going to do everything we can. We can't lose another one of my kids. First George and now Alex" I cried. "Is he stable now"? Cristina asks with pleading eyes. I look back in the room. The modater showed that he was now stable. "He's stable" I stated. "Oh that's good" Cristina sighed in relief. Me and Cristina walk into his hospital room. She walks slowly over to Alex and curls up next to Alex.

"Alex don't keep doing this. I can't handle all of this. It's been a very tough year. I need you to stay strong and wake up. Mer's fine. She's being released tomorrow. So do this for me and Mer. We need you, Okay" Cristina begged as tears streamed down her cheeks and onto his hospital gown. Watching Cristina cry on Alex was so upsetting. Why is this all happening? How could this happen? We were just fine. "Alex you heard her. Don't give up. We need you" I begged as tears broke through my eyes.

Maggie's pov

A lot has happened since that car accident a year go. Mer was kidnapped, Alex completely fell apart, Mer was found, Alex had a panic attack and lost his memory, Mer was shot and now Alex's is in the hospital again. How can this be happening? Is this justified? How can this world be so fucked up? I don't get it. I came here to meet my family. And yes I met them and love them. But after tremendous amount of torture. I still feel like I'm broken. Being broken doesn't mean you're incapable of being hurt. It took me months to get Alex to get out of his little hole he dug himself. Alex wasn't the same after Mer was kidnapped. He completely shut down. He wasn't the same sarcastic guy I met. Cristina told me that he turned into this shallow guy. I have heard many stories about Alex over the years, about his playboy days and manwhore adventures. That nothing ever knocked him down. Well until Izzie destroyed his world. Then Paul took the one thing, that he cared, loved the most. He took his spirt, when he kidnapped Meredith.

I sat by his bedside. I watched Baliey and Cristina with their bloodshot eyes. Alex's eyes still didn't move. The life support machine was breathing for him. None of us have told Mer yet. Some of us are scared in how she will react. Mer keeps asking and I don't have the heart to tell her that her love her life is laying in a hospital bed with tubes and wires connected to his body. That he is laying here possibly lifeless. The tubes and wires hang off the bed as the nurses put more fluids. As I lay next to Alex's bed, I could hear his breathing. My eyes move towards Alex. His eyes open gently. I wipe my eyes and he looks around the room. "Mags" Alex whimpers as I hug him too tightly. "Alex" I let out a huge sigh of relief as tears drop to my cheeks. "Maggie don't cry, I'm fine. It was just too much stress" Alex expressed as he wiped the tears away. I sucked in the rest of the tears and moved slowly closer to his bed. I wrapped my arms around him tightly. "Alex don't do that again"! Cris yelled from the door way. I pulled my arms away from Alex. He slowly sits up in his bed. Cris practically almost tripped as she raced over to his side. The tears I was holding broke lose. It seemed like the whole room was crying.