The Official Takeover

As the ashes set upon the land that was once made of Simba's heart and soul, was now a land of loss and grief. Zira stood over the land with her head held high. Proud of her success. she cackled, so wicked it spread across the land. The herds had moved on, but food was least of Zira's concern. The throne was hers now. She pleased Scar now. All her worries had settled, her burning rage inside was no longer.

But as she observed the corrupt land holding memories that she had torn apart a feeling had struck her, one she hadn't felt in years. Guilt. The now queen looked toward a hidden corner of the pride lands. A place that Simba only looked at with a sideways glare, the place his father was murdered. It was just the cliff, into that gorge. He never knew the disturbing secret of his son's death lay in the same place his father's life was taken.

With her guilt came confusion. Why now? Why not years ago? When she left the pride lands with her crying cubs and the proud accomplishment of murder. She could almost feel the blood of the cub's paws over hers just as they were when she finished the job. She remembered Scar's voice in her head praising her and further driving her to end the joy of Pride Rock.

This wasn't the only guilt in her. Only hours ago she shamelessly murdered her own cub, her most loyal soldier was crying at her feet, begging of mercy. Not an inch of her accepted the guilt. She'd rather live with the guilt. Instead, she chose to ignore it. If Tani was weak, she was doing her a favour. It was the queen's fault for letting her cub explore the land with another lioness, regardless of the trust that Zira toyed with. She now only had one strategy to live, the same she used on everyone. Deception, perhaps she could use it upon herself.

All across the land, her lionesses fought over scraps. Just as they did back in the outlands. This was when her inner angel began to speak after years of silence.

"Just like the outlands, we've gained nothing but more blood on our paws."  She shamed herself, and nodded to the inner goodness but turned her head when she heard-

"Oh please! You're so blind! We just contoured lands we've been dreaming of for years. Scar's so proud of us.."  Zira smiled her signature wicked smile from ear to ear before flashing her teeth and nodding. Scar had taken advantage of her mental stability.

"He's proud of you killing your cub, killing the prince, and abandoning your son?"

"He's a wet vegetable, what can he do?"

"Give him a break, he was in love! Don't you remember what happened when you fell in love?"

FLASHBACK...

Zira smiled with excitement. The prince wanted to spend time with her! She strolled behind him, watching the top of his black mane bounce before her eyes. She observed the pride lands, if had rained nights ago, the humidity relaxed her. She inhaled deeply, taking in the love from the pride lands. It fueled her joy of loving life, if only her partner could say the same.

He settled over a rock that gave them a view of the watering hole. Undisturbed water, the fish gracefully weaved through the water. The birds all gathered around them. "Can you feel.."  They started to sing, Taka looked up and spat a harsh roar. The birds quickly scattered. The young lion then looked down at the water.

"Scar.." Zira rested beside him, he looked up at her. "Well.. You seem down.." She hesitated around her crush and sat down. He sighed. "I... I don't know.. I guess I'm just.." He choked on his words. "You can tell me." A shy smile grew on her face.

He got up and paced as he explained. "It's just that.. My dad spends so much time with Mufasa, and this morning he decided Mufasa would be king.. And well, I'm so.. neglected.." He began to ramble for several minutes, everywhere from being cubs and his father having an unfair hate for him to him growing apart from his brother. Until finally- "And I think I'm going to be banished soon. I figured so.. I'd never turn out anything close to a king.." He frowned.

At that moment, all of Zira's opinions of the pride had changed. "Unless.." His pupils narrowed as he smiled and looked at her. "Unless you would help me.." He began to giggle with her.

END OF FLASHABCK..

"He was a weak traitor, and you know that."  Zira refused to have decency. She looked down at her lionesses. "All of you! Keep watch for any survivors. I don't want any of them to step paw on my soil." She demanded. They all bowed- "Your wish is my command your majesty!" they called out as they fulfilled her request.