Panic

Vitani started to cry on Kopa. "It's all my fault! They ran away when I wasn't watching! Now they're gone!" She sobbed. "Our babies!" She wailed on top of her mate who kept his crying quieter. "Where do you think they are? In heaven!" Vitani interrupted herself.

"Oh Simba the heir is gone! It hasn't even been a year. We can't stop losing heir! First Kopa, then Kiara-" "Don't bring her up!" Simba turned away with his eyes sparkling with tears. "Listen to me!" Nala pinned Simba. "We lost her! She's dead! Stop lying to yourself!" Nala herself began to cry. Simba's head fell the other way to cry against the ground. "Then the twins! What are we going to do?" Nala collapsed beside Simba. "We searched so far outside the pride lands already! Some hyenas probably got them.." Nala inferred.

The cubs all curled up in a ball near their mothers and frowned. Sure their friends were obnoxious but they still loved them.

__________________

"Are we there yet?" Nya complained once again. "No, we'll be there by morning. It's getting late." Kovu said, placing her down beside her brother. "But uncle!" She whined. "SH." He glared at her, sick of her voice whining for the day. "No! You're not my dad! Don't tell me what to do! I don't need anyone! I take care of myself!" She bragged. "She's so smug, she's like you when you were a cub." Kiara whispered. "Watch it. I could still eat you." He threatened. She innocently giggled and lay down.