Finding The Lost Family

The cubs were stranded for hours. They both started to cry for their mothers. "Mommy! I'm sorry!" Clif sobbed. "You idiot!" Nya sniffled. "If it wasn't for you chasing the butterfly, we wouldn't be in this mess!" She hit his arm. "I'm telling mom you hit me!" He complained. "Who cares? We're as good as dead out here." Nya spat.

"Dad says we need teamwork to survive if we're stranded." Clif tried to press himself against his sister in fear. "Teamwork my butt! Get off me!" She shoved him. "You've been taking so many sharp turns, we're never gonna get home now!" Clif blamed. "SH!" Nya hissed as they crawled through the bushes, "No! You're taking responsibility for-" "SH!" She pointed at a lioness by a little puddle chugging down some water. "We can ask her for directions!" Nya was pulled back.

"No! Mom and dad say that if we ask another lion for help they'll kill us." Clif warned. "Want to die here in a few painful hours or die right now, quickly?" Nya asked rhetorically. She crawled out the bush. "Hi miss!" She greeted with a wide smile. The lioness jerked away from the water and looked at the cub which gave her a smile. She shook off her coat. "Hey there!" She smiled. "Are you lost?" The mysterious lioness asked. "Yeah.." Nya nodded, but decided to make sure the lioness liked her. "You have really pretty eyes.." Nya complemented, she giggled. "Oh stop it you!" She teased. "But you're so pretty! What's it like to be a pretty grown up?" Nya asked stupidly. "Funny you say that. I'm still a cub myself. I'm only a teenager." She got up, making way for Nya to access water. "What's your name miss?" She asked. "Kiara." The lioness smiled widely as Nya sipped some water. "Clif you can come out now!" Nya called. "I'm Nya, I'm lost with my brother." She pointed to her brother. She's heard the name Kiara before somewhere. Her father!

"How long have you been lost?" Kiara tilted her head. "A few hours now.." Clif frowned. "Oh you poor babies! You must be starving! Follow me." She continued to walk with the cubs at her heels. "Where is he? He's always wandering at this time.." Kiara finally left the heavily wooded area. "Who are we looking for?" Clif asked, jumping beside Nya. "Move it punk! This one's mine! You're already the favourite from mom and dad." She hissed and shoved him.

Kiara giggled and lowered into the long grass. "Shh.." She whispered to the cubs and crawled to a darker lion, with a thick black mane. They couldn't quite see his face, but they saw him drink from a larger pond. Kiara quickly ran and shoved him from behind, he slammed into the water. Kiara started to laugh for a few seconds, the cubs stood behind her. Kiara started to panic for every second that he stayed under water too long. Was he caught in something?

Kiara stood by the edge of the water. "Kovu?" She whimpered. "Don't worry, I'll save him!"" Nya started running for the water but before she could think of jumping, the lion jumped up, out of the water. He flung the water behind him and started to laugh at Kiara who had tears in her eyes. "Shut up! You're so stupid! Don't scare me like that!" She stomped as he crawled out the water and shook himself. "Okay I'm sorry." Kovu bumped his muzzle into hers then looked down at the cubs. "Who are they?" He smiled. "Some lost cubs I found, I was gonna see if you were hunting yet. They're starving." Kiara sighed to forgive him.

"Oh hello." Nya played with her eyebrows. "Oh heh, that one looks like Tani." He pointed at Nya. "How do you know my mom huh? Are you an old date? Maybe a uh-" "Your mother's almost twice my age." Kovu narrowed his eyes. "How do you know?" Nya asked. "First, I'm her brother, second don't hit on your uncle creep, and third, who's the father?" Kovu blinked. "Kopa, why?" Clif jumped beside his sister. "I thought he was dead.." Kovu mumbled. "What? How do you know him? Who is he?" Kiara begged. "Kiara.. He's your brother." Kovu glanced at her. "What! I'm an only cub!" Kiara shook her head. "Never mind.." He was afraid of hurting her.

"I'll go catch you a little something before we take you home." Kovu quickly made his escape from her question. "So where are you staying?" Kiara lay down to get to their level. "Oh! We live in pride rock!" Nya smiled. Kiara could picture braces on her. She grew tense and her eyes widened. "Oh my god.." She whispered to herself. "Who are the king and queen?" Kiara confirmed. "Simba and Nala. They're our grand parents." Clif tilted his head to see her shocked face. "Holly f- Holly crap. I have a brother.."  She held her breath. "Do they ever talk about their daughter?" Kiara got closer to them. "They have a daughter?" Clif asked. "I've herd grandma mention her but grandpa would start crying and tell her not to talk about it. Normally it's when they argue." Nya looked in confusion when she saw Kiara start pacing.

"Oh my god.. I actually have a brother! I have a brother.. And my parents never told me.. Oh, they'd kill me if I came back, let alone with Kovu.." Kiara was talking at a whisper one bit too loud for them to hear. "So.. You're our auntie?" Clif blinked. "What do you think idiot?" Nya put him down. Kovu was back quickly with a kill between his teeth. "Enjoy." He dropped it before them. "Kovu that's a lot of food.." Kiara commented. "That way they fall asleep. Besides, you can also eat some. What's stopping you?" He commented. She shrugged. They both got a mouthful. The cubs alone finished a quarter of the calf. "I haven't eaten this much in a long time.." Clif burped and both cubs fell back. The couple finished off the kill. Kovu lifted Nya while Kiara carried Clif.

So then, the journey back to the pride lands started.