My Home

It was a moment that Simba thought would happen once in his life time. He climbed Pride Rock. His paws pulling him up, every step felt like praise and accomplishment, it felt like his father gave him his blessing. As he reached the point, with pride flooding inside him, he showered everyone with his praise. He let out a roar, with the response of another roar back to him.

Rain began to pour across the land, the lionesses all scrambled to find puddles. It rained bullets. Simba descended from his platform, his prize was to see his new loyal followers finally drink. They knew for a while, they'd have to leave the pride lands to hunt until the herds moved in. Another reward, he saw his son had finally chosen his partner. At the same time he was annoyed of himself for thinking so. He was happy for his son to find a lover, when Kiara did he was outraged and took out his anger on her. It was because of him that she was gone.

As he let his thoughts collect themselves, he raised himself up on a rock with flowing water and enjoyed the freshness under his tongue. He toured the pride lands with Rafiki and Zazu. Rafiki assisted moving out the carcasses that got in the way of things, while Zazu picked off the bits of meat to avoid wasting. As Simba cleaned up his pride lands, he formulated his plans.

"It'll take a week for grass to start growing, a month before the condition of the land would be back to normal, another week or two before herds move in. So that leaves us with a month after that before I may allow the lionesses to repopulate."  He thought in his head while Rafiki chucked a squirrel skeleton away.

He remembered a lesson he taught Kovu, a lion he'd kill to apologize to and take back under his wing.

"But you see.. Everything can grow back into something new. If given the chance."  He smiled and shuffled dirt away from a seedling.

He was teaching himself, and most importantly, containing information to tell the future cubs that would come to the pride later. He observed the lionesses, they were all bowing to Nala. They were taught to stay below Zira, because she was important. They needed to learn a new lesson.

So excited for next chapter, you know what's coming!