Adaption

Kiara lay by her watering hole, she was surprised at herself for not fleeing again. She herd the grass wrestle near her, "Who's there?" Kiara flinched between her cries. "Kiara.. Forgive me.." Simba got through the bush completely. "No!" She kept her head down. "You can't stay mad at your old man..." He started to beg. "Scram!" She repeated what he'd last said to her.

His heart shattered to bits. She's already hurt him by eloping, now she wanted nothing more to do with him. He stayed silent, he'd hung his head low and left her be. She lowered her head, her crying grew more intense. She knew damn well that her father was hurt, and it only made her feel like a monster.

Minutes, which felt like hours went by. There was another rattle. "Go away dad!" She yelled to whatever was behind her. "It's me." She heard Kovu's voice greet. She pressed her head against her paws even harder. He got closer to her until she pressed herself against him. "Kovu, I feel like a monster." She wept. "I know how you feel."  He wanted to say. "You're not a monster." He placed his head down on her neck. "I just yelled at my dad.. But he still loves me.. He's not mad.." She cried. "He didn't yell at me or tell me to show respect." She held onto him. "You must understand he's also a lion. He can get hurt. If you yelled to me I'd be just as hurt. I imagine the same vise versa." They looked it the water together.

He was sounding a lot like her mother, or like her mother told him what to do or say. "And when I was talking to your aunt and uncle, they told me that he missed you all these years and was heartbroken when he thought you were dead. Come. How about we look around and see what's changed. Pride Rock hadn't stayed like this the whole time you know.." Kovu got up with Kiara by his side.

She was shaking of tension, he toured the pride lands. They were told of all the war, and struggle. Soon after, they bumped into Kopa. "Kiara.. Can we talk?" He gestured for her to follow. Kiara glanced at Kovu who nodded to her. He followed his sister and Kiara followed her brother.

"So you don't remember me." Kopa started, Kiara nodded. "Let me tell you about us. When you were first born, I used to get you all sorts of things from outside. Flowers, insects, you name it. on the last day, I was supposed to bring you a butterfly. I know it's a little late.." Kopa raised a paw to boost himself. A butterfly landed on his nose. "I hope you can accept it now." He smiled to his little sister, the butterfly flew away.

"What happened to you?" Kiara walked faster to match his pace. "Zira happened. She followed Scar, she couldn't get over her hate for dad.. She attacked me, I lost consciousness, our aunt and uncle took me in.. And well, that was the end of it." Kopa glanced at his sister who was in tears. "Why didn't you come back?" She cried. "I'm sorry.." He apologized to start.

"I didn't know where to go, uncle and auntie didn't know where to go.. When I got here, Zira had already taken over." Kopa lowered his head, remembering the dead pride lands. "What was life her for you?" Kopa skipped over a puddle. "Oh, I hated it! Dad trapped me so much, that I couldn't take it anymore! I ran away and stayed with Kovu." Kiara vented. She already saw him as a brother.

"What am I gonna say to dad!" She whimpered. "He doesn't approve of me being with Kovu! What am I gonna do!" She spun in circles. "Relax." Kopa glanced in the distance. They saw Kovu talking to Simba. There was no tension. Kiara slowly and calmly approached. "Oh good evening Kiara." Simba smiled as if nothing had ever happened. She paused. "Well, you can have him back now. We just went for a little store." Simba skipped away. It felt like an anvil had fallen on her head.

She was shaking, so confused. Kovu was smiling from his conversation with his mate's father. Kiara ran after her father, jumped up the hills. "I'm sorry!" She collapsed on his back, tipping him on the ground. She held onto his arm and cried on his hip. He pulled himself to his side. She left tears and snot all over him, behaviour she hadn't preformed since she was a baby.

"Kiara, you need to know something." Simba got close to her ear. "You have my blessing with him." He smiled, forgiving her.