Monday, July 6

I was up with the sun this morning and am now drinking hot tea on the dock, waiting until it is time to go to work. I never wake up this early. It must be nervous energy over starting my new office job.

Or my mind could still be reeling over the bombshell news that Marina dropped on me last night. She is thinking about leaving Frank and moving back to Arkansas.

Apparently, she has been in touch through Facebook with an old flame, Brian, and he wants to rekindle their romance. She is so distraught over Frank's philandering ways that she is loving the attention and considering taking Brian up on his repeated offers.

I tried to just listen without offering any advice. This is a decision she needs to make on her own. I would be heartbroken if she moved away from the Keys, but she deserves a better life than constantly attempting to ignore her husband banging other women.

Maddie just ran out here to give me a big hug before heading off to school. It seems odd to me that she goes to school in the summer, but they have gone to a year-round calendar with several longer breaks throughout the year. I guess a lot has changed since I was in school...a hundred years ago. Ha ha!

Okay, I'm taking a deep breath...it's time to head out for my new job. I think I can. I think I can. I KNOW I can.

*** I would love to hear what you think! Please VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW. Thank you! ***