Chapter Twenty-nine: Dahlias Fury

~Daxera's POV~

"I will never submit to you," I say tiredly. Odd, my voice doesn't sound right. Clovis starts walking towards me. I try to move but can't due to something holding my wrists, so I look down and see that I am chained to the ground. As I look at him, he slaps me across the face.

"You will one day," Clovis says simply as if he is implying he can wait. "Take him back to the holding cell," Clovis commands. I turn my head to the right watching as two of his pack members walk over to me. They bend down and unhook the chains from the ground.

This is my chance.

Before they can react, I shift into my Wolf form and kill them both, slashing their throats with my claws. Just as I turn to Clovis, I am plowed into by another Wolf. He has his mouth positioned over my neck. If I even twitch, he'll rip my throat out.

"Stupid Wolf," Clovis says as he walks up to me and kicks me in the stomach. "You cant escape me!" His second kick to my stomach causes me to howl out in pain.

~

"Relax you are fine," a familiar voice says to me as I scream myself awake and sit up, feeling alarmed.

"Where am I? What's going on?" I ask frantically looking around the room but don't see the one I am looking for.

"Dax, calm down. It was just a bad dream," he says. I feel, who ever it is, pull me to him giving me a hug.

After a little while of sitting like that, my vision starts to come back to me. It is Charlie who is giving me a hug.

"S-sorry. It just f-felt so real. Wherever i-it was, I was with Clovis-" suddenly I feel Charlie tense a little,"-and he had m-me chained to the floor, trying to m-make me submit to him but I-I wouldn't. He told me I w-would one day then commanded his W-Wolves to take me back to my holding cell b-but I tried to escape and f-failed. He then began to k-kick me which is when I woke up," I say explaining my crazy dream, still feeling rattled from it.

"Dax..." Charlie begins slowly. "I have something to tell you but you need to stay calm." I pull away from his hug and look him.

"What is it?" I ask, getting a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I look around the room but can't find the one person I want with me the most right now.

"Clovis has Russell." My blood turns cold from his words.

That means my dream wasn't a dream. I saw what Russell is going through.

Dahlia howls for our mate while he tries taking control of our body.

"Get me Emma, Charlie. Jess, how is Russell's Dad?" My voice is surprisingly calm though on the inside, I am anything but calm. Every time Dahlia gets close to wrestling control from me, my vision tints red until I push him back.

"He is f-fine," she replies shakily, looking at me in fear.

"What's Wong?" I ask her.

"Y-your eyes-they keep changing t-to your Wolf's eyes and you get this f-feral look in them for a second. It's k-kinda scary," she says keeping her distance.

"I am trying to keep Dahlia back. He is pissed and wants to go after Clovis, but I need to stay level headed," I reply while getting off the bed. As I stand up, I feel weak and nearly fall over but Charlie catches me. "What's wrong with me?" I ask him.