𝑜𝓃𝑒

Jisoo

I was silently making my way to my apartment without making any sound that would make it obvious that I am home. A stack of letters welcomed me as I step onto my front door. I quickly grab hold of them and punched in my door pass. I went inside my apartment and locked the door behind me. 

Debts, debts, debts. Unending debts. All I want is to be freed from all of these debts.

*sigh*

Having many part-time jobs wouldn't be able to pay these debts. 

I have my family in Busan; my mom and my little brother, Taejoon. Dad died when I was still a baby. I never really had the chance to meet him in person. I started living separately from them when I turned 20. I've decided to live alone and moved to Seoul. 

At first, my mom was against my idea but since I was getting older she let me do what I wanted to do. Part-time jobs, as I just said, are the ones that keep me alive. Even though I have tons of part-time jobs, my pay is still not enough for me to my debts.

I really didn't want to tell my mom that I'm in a terrible situation right now. She would be really upset if she knew about it and would send me back home. Also, I really don't want to bother my mother. She has done so much for me and now, I really want to pay her back for everything she has done for me.

***ring***

"Hello?" I said, answering the phone.

"Jisoo? It's Seolhee."

"Oh, Seolhee! Why did you call?" I asked.

"Well, um, I just got hired as an employee at Dream Entertainment a month ago. You know that right? Anyway, they are holding up an audition for aspiring idols to be this week. I was wondering if you're interested in it? I mean, you wanted to be a singer, right?" she said.

An audition.

Ever since I was young, I've always dreamed of performing in front of people. I love the adrenaline of standing on the stage and facing a lot of people. I love showing the crowd what I am best of. 

My mom told me that my dad would sing to her every night or when she is in trouble and it would bring her heart into harmony. It's the reason mom fell in love with him so much. Singing is my passion and every time I hold my guitar and the mic in front of me, I feel like I am in heaven but I never really had the courage to audition or to showcase my talent at all.

"I really don't know, Seolhee," I said, scratching the back of my head.

"I know you're a little bit shy in showcasing your talent but, Hey! It doesn't hurt if you try it." She said.

"I'll think about it, Seolhee."

"Okay, I understand. Just call me if you have made up your mind. You have my number, right?"

"Yup. I'll see you next time!"

"Yes. Bye!"

I took my guitar that was dusting on top of my cabinet. I opened the case and pulled the guitar out. I dusted it off and tuned it a little. I warmed up my fingers and started to play a little. It's a little rusty at first since it has been a long time since I played the guitar.

I stopped playing thinking that I wouldn't be able to pass the auditions. I put the guitar aside and went to sleep.

___

I got dressed up and went to my 7 pm part-time job at the mall. I work as a beauty consultant under a famous makeup brand here in South Korea. "Does this suit me?" the lady asked.