0x4

(Y/N) woke up in a sweat in her apartment, a thunderstorm raging on outside.

Reaching over (Y/N) went to turn on her lamp, finding that it wouldn't. Looking around she noticed her still fan and her silent air conditioner. 'The power must be out', she concluded.

Getting up she walked over to her window, opening the blinds as lightning filled the sky and her apartment, giving her that brief look into the darkness that the city had become.

Staring out her window, waiting for the next lighting strike, (Y/N) fell back in horror as the figure of a female stood 10 feet from her. Red eyes glowing in the darkness as the light faded from the sky.

She closed her eyes and walked back over to her window, waiting. 

When the next lightning struck, a large black wolf with soft green eyes stood directly on the other side of the glass. Her wolf. She was no longer scared, she felt comfort in its presence. 

Once again the light faded from the sky leaving her in darkness. 

The shuffling of sheets bringing her out of her intense staring competition with the window. 

"Baby come back to bed." She heard as strong arms wrapped around her torso, the warmth bringing her a sense of safety and love. 

She leaned back into her body, savouring the moment before turning around to look into those green eyes she loved. 

"Lauren", she mumbled, pressing her face into the taller girls chest. "Yes, my love?" Lauren asked her mate. 

(Y/N) didn't reply. She didn't need too. She just buried herself further into the girls chest, craving her presence, love and the feeling of safety and warmth she brought.

Lauren scratched lightly at the girls lower back, tracing random shapes and patterns. She loved this, the closeness. 

Lauren pressed a longing kiss on the girls forehead squeezing her eyes shut tightly. 

"Baby I have to go." Lauren said, loosening her grip on the girls waist. 

"What? No! Lauren please don't leave me, you can't leave me!" (Y/N) screamed as tears began to blur her vision. 

(Y/N) stood frozen in her spot, her feet glued as Lauren removed herself from her grip and made her way across the floor to the door. 

"Lauren!" She screamed again as Lauren disappeared out the door.

Lauren barged into the room as she heard her mate screaming in her sleep. She laid in the middle of the king sized bed, her limbs occasionally moving as beads of sweat covered the girls forehead. 

"Lauren! You can't, come back please, you can't leave me you can't!" She screamed again causing Lauren to rush over to the bed. 

"Baby please wake up. I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere." Lauren whispered, trying to comfort her frantic mate as she moved her matted hair off her forehead, caressing her cheek. 

(Y/N) seemed to calm down slightly at the girls touch. 'I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this' Lauren thought as sparks shot through her fingertips at the contact. 

Lauren let out a sigh as she seemed to calm down again, standing up from where she sat on the floor as she made her way back to the door. 

Before leaving she heard her mate yet again, "don't. Don't leave me again Lauren." She whispered causing Lauren to turn around to see her mates sleep filled eyes that she struggled to keep open.