Chapter 11

I internally said goodbye to the now familiar road, as I made my way one last time to the boys' flat. I had no idea how these boys were going to react because ms. genius over here (me) decided not to tell them anything until a few hours before I was going to leave forever.

Yet again, another amazing decision by me.

I pressed the doorbell, observing their flat closer than I had ever done before. All the paint of the wall was peeled off and cobwebs hung everywhere. Lovely. My thinking was interrupted as Cal opened the front door.

'Hey, Reb how ya doing babe?' He greeted me pulling me into a hug. 'Please do come in.' He smiled. 'LUCAS YOUR LADY FRIEND IS HERE.' He shouted, as my face turned as red as a tomato. Oh god.

Michael and Luke were playing FIFA as I walked in and Ash was on his laptop.

No idea where to start to break my news, I awkwardly sat down on the sofa besides Luke and Mike.

'Luke..?' I asked, observing his perfect concentrated face, already missing it.

'Uh...babe? Five minutes?' He asked, still engrossed in the FIFA game.

I walked over to Ash and saw what he was doing. Online bandana shopping...duh.

'So Reb, we were thinking of all going to watch a movie next Friday, and it would be awesome if you could join us. Actually there's one condition.' He giggled. Even if you don't love Ashton's giggle, you love Ashton's giggle. 'No sucking Luke's face during the romantic scene hahahaa.' He smiled up at me.

And then it started.

I started feeling hot as I realized all too late what was happening. I blinked at the tears spilled down my cheeks and onto my jeans, staining them. Embarrassed, I just buried my face into my hands as Ash looked at me, concerned that he had done something to make me upset.

'No, no don't cry. It's ok you can suck Luke's face all you want, I was only joking.' Oh Ash.

That was when all the boys really realized what was going on. Luke and Mike even paused their FIFA gave to come over. Yes, you heard me right. They PAUSED THEIR FIFA GAME.

Before I knew what was happening I was in Luke's arms as he rubbed my back, whispering things in my ear to make me stop crying.

And it worked.

I calmed down, embarrassed of my little breakdown and asked everyone to take a seat on the sofa.

'Guys I h-have an important announcement to m-make' I sobbed, chiding myself for acting like such a baby.

The looks I got from the boys were all looks of concern. This was going to be hard.

'Just say it Reb,' Michael said, softly. 'You're killing us here.'

I took a deep breath. This was it.

'I'm leaving.' I announced, focusing my eyes on the ground. 'Today. I'm moving to Melbourne to kick start my singing career.'

The boys just looked horrified.

'Today?' Ash asked.

'Uh...yeah.' I finished, tears streaming down my face again. 'I came to say goodbye.'

Silence followed.

Then Luke stood up and came over to me.

'Babe can I uh talk to you in the garden outside please?' He asked, his face showing no emotion.

Once outside, he sat down under the usual tree and pulled me onto his lap.

'Luke..' I began.

'No.' He said, simply, putting his finger to my lips. 'You always talk. It's my turn to talk now.'

He moved me so that I was facing him.

Then, for the last time, he looked at me with those lovely blue eyes as a single tear escaped them.

'You're leaving; today.' He said, as if trying to process this himself. 'To be honest, right now I'm in shock. I've no idea what's going on and when it does finally hit me, you're going to be gone.' He paused, wiping his eyes with this finger. 'All I have to say really is two words: thank you. Thank you for always being there for me, thank you for trusting me, thank you for believing in me and thank you for letting me trust you. Rebby, you are something special, I knew it as soon as I lay my eyes on you for the first time. You're different than other girls. You helped me love myself more by loving you. You're going to make some awesome music in Melbourne and you're going to be able to share your amazing talent with the rest of the world even though they don't deserve someone as good as you haha.' He laughed, his dimple appearing for the last time, tears rolling down his cheeks. 'There's only one last thing left to say, really.' He whispered, his voice soft and sexy. 'I love you Rebby, you've stolen my heart and there's nothing I can do about it. You take the key to my heart with you to Melbourne and hopefully you'll never forget me. You're more than I ever deserved in my life and maybe we will meet again. I love you.' And with that he leaned in and kissed me hard on the lips. Passionately, I ripped off his shirt, feeling his warm skin against mine for one last time. Our tears mixed together as our bodies entwined. This was good bye.

Two hours later I replayed everything Luke had said as I sat in the airport, thinking about the choice I had made. This was the right choice, I was sure. Just a few sacrifices had to be made. Not everything in life was going to be perfect.

I heard out flight number being called out as we were told it was time to board the plane. Giving one last hug to Sophie who had come to the airport with us, I took a deep breath and stepped into the plane, ready to start over. Sitting in my plane seat, waiting for take off I got out my phone.

To: Luke H.

Plane about to take off. Super excited about my new start. Cannot stop thinking about you tho :( I love you so much and thank you for everything...bye bye Sydney xxx

And with that, we were off.