Chapter 13

I woke up, nice and early, feeling as fresh as a flower (are flowers fresh? I don't even know). Stretching, I leaned over to open my curtains, letting the morning sun shine in my face. Today was a big day and I was super excited about that.

I switched on my phone, as I tiptoed to the kitchen, aware that my parents were still asleep. I made myself a bowl of coco pops as my mind immediately decided to crave some Hemmo Pancakes. Well, I told myself, Hemmo Pancakes were found all the way back in Sydney so right now I couldn't possibly let my mind run away that far.

Stomach fluttering with excitement, I locked myself in my room. The interview was at 1 o'clock giving me ample time to prepare. The first necessary thing to do was to shave my legs. What girl doesn't feel more confident after she has shaved her legs?

I brushed my teeth as I saw that I had received a message from Luke back in Sydney. He had sent me a picture. Opening it, I saw that it was a group photo of the boys making silly faces, with the caption underneath:

Today's the big day!! Good luck babe :') We'll be thinking about you xxx

Geez, no pressure.

Smiling, I took a silly selfie and sent it back to them, glad that they hadn't forgotten all about me. Then, because I seemed to get quite bored when shaving my legs, I turned on my music as high as it could go (not able to go as high as I would've liked it). Music was my get away- it was my way of forgetting all my nerves and all of my worries even if for just a few hours.

Therefore I put my song list on shuffle, happy to hear an Avril Lavigne song come on, a perfect one to rock out to. What the Hell started playing as I grabbed my shaver and decided to use it as a mic, dancing like an idiot all around my room.

'You say that I'm messing with you head

Yeah yeah yeah yeah

All 'cause I was making out with your friend

Yeah yeah yeah yeah

Love hurts whether it is right or wrong

Yeah yeah yeah yeah

I can't stop 'cause I'm having to much fun

Yeah yeah yeah yeah.'

I danced all the way to my bathroom, singing at the top of my voice, careful not to strain it for this afternoon.

*Shave* 'All my life I've been good, but now' *shave* 'oh oh oh oh oh oh I'm thinking what the hell' *shave* 'all I want is to mess around' *shave* 'and I-i-i-i-i don't really care about *shave* 'if he loves me' *shave* 'if he- Ow!'

Of course, I had cut myself. I tended to go a little crazy once I got into a song. Wiping up the blood with some tissue, I quickly finished off then hopped into the shower. Of course, another performance followed, as I switched from one song to another, singing to my audience of a sink, a toilet and a towel.

Wrapping my hair into a towel, I sat down at my dressing table, ready for the worst part of all- plucking my eyebrows. Many people have managed to convince me that it doesn't actually hurt that much but let's be honest, you're yanking your eyebrow hair from it's root and everything.

Of course it was going to hurt.

After a sneezing attack (that's what plucking my eyebrows does to me-

don't ask why) I brushed out my hair and got my eye make up done. First impressions were very important so I decided to go with light make up- mascara and eyeliner. Cute and simple- at least I hoped so.

Before I knew it, I was all dressed up and ready to go.

To: Luke H.

On my way to studio. Super nervous!! Wish me luck...love you loads xxx

I rolled down the window of the car, enjoying the refreshing breeze, as I observed Melbourne a little better during the car ride. It was truly beautiful.

Once we had arrived, I stepped out of the car to be faced with a tall, silver building, breathtakingly modern. Inside, my stomach churned, as different people all dressed in suits looked at me, making me feel like a fish out of water. This record label was obviously a big deal, as evident with it's employees and style. Everywhere was spotless. My parents and I were directed to a waiting area where we were to wait for annoying Shelly.

My phone rang as I sat down, immediately making me smile.

'Oh honey is that Sophie wishing you good luck?' My mum asked.

Sure, why not? 'Yeah it is actually.' I replied, not taking my eyes off my phone. It wasn't Sophie- it was my Lukey.

From: Luke H.

Knock 'em dead babe, you can do it! I believe in you :') love you loads xxx

AWHHH <3

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice a slim women walk into the room, until she started talking, her annoying voice helping me recognise her immediately.

'Hellloooo and welcome to Golden Records hooow are you guys? I'm Shelly, I don't knoow if you recognise my voice from the phone.'

Oh, we recognised it all right.

'Hi! I'm Rebecca...' I added politely, receiving a smile from Shelly. 'I'm the one who's signing with your record label. I'm extremely looking forward to working here.' Wow. Very sophisticated. I was proud of myself.

'Well, nice to meet you, please follow me. Let's begin!'