Chapter 31

'Mum!' I shouted as I leaned against the hotel door, the sunlight blinding me. 'We have to leave, like, now!' I tapped my foot impatiently.

It was 10 am and I needed to get to the mall to find a dress for my big date with Luke tomorrow. It was going to be a special one, I could feel it.

'But Reb.' My mum shouted from her room. 'Why can't you just wear the dress we bought for the wedding? It's brand new and it really suits you...'

'No, mum.' I facepalmed myself. 'Luke already saw me in that. It's not special enough.' She didn't understand. I knew I sounded cheap and greedy, but it was a big deal for Luke and I. I needed a new dress.

My mum jogged out of her room, combing her hair with her fingers of one hand, and applying lipstick with the other.

'Let's go.' She smiled, revealing lipstick all over her teeth.

'Thank youuuuu.' I hugged her then quickly opened the door to let her out, following behind.

The air was fresh as we stepped outside the hotel and the sky was blue signalling that it was going to be a nice day. My phone vibrated in my hand as we walked towards the closest mall which seemed to be twenty minutes away.

'Shit.' I whispered, looking down at my phone.

'Who is it, honey?' My mum asked as we crossed the road.

'It's Luke. What do I tell him?'

Just then, he cut, leaving the sign that I had a missed call from him. I quickly unlocked my phone and clicked on text messages.

To: Lukey

Can't hang out at the moment. Dw everything's fine. Will text you later xx

The mall was pretty empty but it still took us a while to pick out a suitable dress for my date. I was grateful that my mum understood what a big thing this was for me and how much I wanted it to be perfect. We laughed all the way back to the hotel, as the clock struck 3pm. My mum couldn't stop asking me about Luke.

'But what's your favourite feature of him?' She asked, swooning like a teenage girl.

'Hmmm...that's a hard one. I love his eyes and his lips and his dimple and his smile and OMG HIS SHOULDERS...' I looked up at my mum, suddenly aware that I had gotten carried away. 'Uh...you know...all the little things.' I smiled, embarrassed.

'I mean, there's no doubting it.' She answered.

'He's a babe.'

'Mum!' I looked at her, wide-eyed as the hotel came into view. 'You did not just say that. That's disgusting.' I buried my face in my hands, laughing.

'What?' She asked, smiling. 'He's good looking!' She looked at me innocently.

I rolled my eyes. 'Well stay away from him. HE IS MINE' I laughed hugging her sideways.

We opened our hotel room as a wave of energy hit me and I let out a small scream.

Of course my mum panicked and thought something had happened so she screamed too.

'OH MY GOD WHAT'S WRONG ARE YOU OK?' She rushed over to me.

'Mum I'm fine.' I laughed biting my lip. 'Actually I'm not. I'm soo excited for my date tomorrow oh my god I cannot believe this have you seen Luke he's the hottest freaking guy in this whole world and I'm doing on a date with him I don't deserve it what I'm so excited it has to be perfect aaaaaahhhh.' I finished, panting loudly as I lay down on the sofa.

My mum just laughed at me.

'You are so weird.' She let me know and she walked into her room and shut the door.