Chapter 25

When everyone was finally satisfied with their pancakes, Luke and I had the chance to sit down at the main table alone and eat them in peace.

'How is it possible that I can't remember eating pancakes this good?' I laughed, enjoying the bursting taste of the pancakes, Nutella and syrup.

'I dunno...' He said, spreading way too much Nutella onto his pancake. 'I have been told before that my Hemmo pancakes are unforgettable but I guess a bad bump on the head is an exception.' He laughed, revealing his beautiful dimple.

I looked at him and just couldn't believe how lucky I was. Sitting there, eating pancakes with the most beautiful boy in the entire planet, (surely) I mean, what were the odds? I could've just stared at him all day he was so breathtaking. A guy this handsome couldn't be real.

Stuffing his perfect face with pancakes he suddenly looked down at me as his smile turned into a frown.

I tried to read his eyes to see what was happening as I was thoroughly confused.

He spat out his pancakes and just stared at me, his face shocked. Then he grabbed my hand and turned it over. He pointed to my wrist.

'What are these?' He demanded, his serious eyes deeply looking into mine.

I looked down at my wrists. Contrasting my white skin were a few delicate red lines.

'Luke...uh you weren't supposed to see those.' I stammered, very self conscious all of a sudden.

'Self harming?' He asked, his voice dropping to a whisper. I saw the look on his face. Disappointment.

'No...you don't understand Luke please...' I whispered, feeling the tears coming. I stood up from my chair and pulled my arm from Luke's strong grasp.

Then I was running. Tears streaming down my face, flowing heavy now, I closed myself into the boys' bathroom and turned the key. Feeling very ashamed, I curled up into a ball in the corner and hugged my knees as the tears continued coming, staining Luke's sweater.

A soft knock on the door made me look up.

'Reb?' Luke asked, gently. 'Are you ok? Oh my god Luke what a stupid question she's locked in the bathroom crying and you're asking her if something's wrong? Oh course something's wrong! And now you're talking to yourself? Perfect!' He chided himself.

I couldn't help letting a small giggle escape. Gosh he was a loser. My type of loser though.

'Let me in. What's wrong babe? You know you can trust me with anything..'

Then, I saw him lower himself onto the floor through the translucent bathroom door and sit, his back against the glass.

'Ok...' He said, obviously realising I wasn't going to answer anytime soon. 'I'll sing to you then.' He announced, getting up and returning with his guitar. 'How about some One Direction aye?' He said. I smiled as I let the tears stream down my face freely.

He started strumming the guitar gently, as shivers ran up and down my body.

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me

But bear this mind it was meant to be

And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile