Chapter 21

I looked from one boy to the other, their shocked faces just staring at me.

Then, slowly, the blond one smiled, revealing his beautiful dimple. I think his name was Luke. He grabbed my dainty arm, softly and dragged me into another room, this one filled with food.

'Luke...uh...what...I don't understand...' I stuttered, following him.

He half turned, still walking towards the room and gave me a drop dead gorgeous half smile. Then, he put his finger to his lips and winked at me. What was happening?

As soon as we got into the massive room filled with dainty foods, he positioned me into place and brought his finger to my lips, telling me to be silent. Then he silently walked over to a plate of pasta and meatballs, picked one up and threw it at me, sauce dripping down my perfect blue dress.

Shocked, I looked down at my dress. This was meant to be my perfect evening. But who said a perfect evening couldn't have a sudden twist?

Laughing, I ran to the table and grabbed the first thing I saw. Creamy chocolate cake. Luke realised that I had caught on and smiled. Aiming as well as I could, I threw the cake at his perfect chest, chocolate cream splashing everywhere.

I saw him grab a glass and fill it with punch. Oh no. Before I knew what I was doing, I ran out of the room, giggling, hearing Luke's footsteps right behind me. I zigzagged through the people, all dressed in smart clothes, just as I had been two minutes ago. Then, suddenly I felt it. A splash of cold punch slapped my neck and I turned grinning at this perfect human being, his face slightly red from the running. The cake I had thrown at him was squashed right in the middle of his perfect suit.

Before I knew it I had grabbed any types of food available, whether it was dainty shrimp, custard or pasta. Many people gasped as they saw me and him coming through, food dripping from everywhere and flooding our hands, ready to be shot at any good opportunity.

It was all fun and games until I ran into my mother.

'Oh darling, hi um...OH MY GOODNESS REB YOUR DRESS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! My mother exclaimed, giving Luke time to catch up and awkwardly drop the food from his hands.

I looked down. I was a mess. Food was all in my hair and down my bra, in my shoes and all over my dress. I glanced at Luke, who was focusing very hard at the ground, trying not to meet my mothers gaze. With much needed effort, I held in my laughter, looking at Luke up and down. His beautiful blond hair had a few shrimps peaking out from the strands and his cheeks and nose were covered in chocolate pudding. His suit was drenched in punch and a few random foods clung on here and there.

'Mum, I can explain...I...' I stuttered, searching for a reasonable explanation.

'No.' I heard Luke say from behind me, stepping forward. 'Ms. Moonstone, it was uh my fault. Please do not punish Reb.'

All I could do was stare at him. Why would he stick up for me like that? I'd only just met him a few hours ago. Well to be fair, he had started it...

'But Reb.' My mum complained. 'Your dress and your make up and your hair.' She said, bringing her hands to her face. 'You looked so beautiful.'

'Actually.' Luke stepped in, 'She still does look beautiful.' He said, biting his lip.

Wait what?

My mum and I both turned to face him.

My mum raised her eyebrows at him in surprise. 'And who are you exactly?' She asked.

Smiling, he bowed and said smoothly. 'Luke Hemmings ma'am.'

'I only just met him tonight, mum.' I intercepted, wanting to get away from this awkward conversation.

This made Luke look at me in a puzzled way.

'Uh...we should go clean up...' I dragged Luke away, finally free from my mother.

Instead of going to the bathrooms, Luke led me into an open space where there was no one. He sat down on a bench and I sat besides him, his cologne filling my nose, giving me pleasure.

'You really don't remember me, huh?' He asked, looking right at me, the moonlight shining in his face, making him look as beautiful as someone can with pudding all over their face.

'I had an accident. A car crash. I sort of bumped my head and suffered from a bad case of memory loss. If I did know you before, then I probably forgot you because of that.'

His face looked pained and he struggled to get the words out. 'So y-you don't remember anything? Nothing?'

'No, Luke I don't.'

'Oh...' He said staring in the distance. Slowly he turned to face me, then lightly stroked my cheek. 'You're alive, that's all I'm thankful for.' He whispered, sending a shiver down my spine.

'Luke, tell me about you, please. I need to re-learn everything, remember?'

'Ok...where do I begin?' He turned to face me, his incredibly long legs awkwardly coming between us. 'My name is Luke Hemmings. I'm in a bad and I play guitar, however, I'm the lead vocalist. The other three lads from my bad, you have met today- Mike, Cal and Ash. Around a year ago I was hating my life because I had to go through boring days of school. Biology was the worst. My whole world was tipped over when one day, a girl bumped into me and school- it was her first day.' He paused, smiling to himself, obviously recalling in his mind this memory.

'I dropped her books all over the hall, because I'm a clumsy douche.' He giggled. 'The first time she looked at me with those beautiful bright blue eyes, my world stopped and all I could do was stare in awe. She was gorgeous. Suddenly, my life had meaning again.'

'Go on,' I encouraged, smiling at the passion in his eyes. 'I'm listening.'

'I was crazy over her. The way she was so much shorter than me and always had to look up to look up at me, the way the sunlight lit up her hair making it look like she had a halo and her beautiful blue eyes were just- I couldn't stop myself from falling for her. Then one day, she came over with devastating news. She was moving away. Forever. My world crashed down on top of me. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't function.' I watched as tears welled up in his eyes.

'She left me, but I understood the reason. Seeing her through Skype was not easy, and I had to make the hardest decision of my life. I had to completely let her go because only seeing glimpses of her here and there just left a huge hole in my heart. I sent her a heartbreaking email, and hadn't heard of her since, understandably.'

He looked up at me, and met my eyes.

'Until today.' His voice cracked.

'Wait, that girl was...me?' I asked, shocked.

'It was.' His smile did not reach his eyes. 'But obviously, you don't remember any of it...' He trailed off.

Wow, I actually felt sad. I really wished I had remembered all that.

With a sudden change of tone, Luke stood up.

'How much longer are you staying in Sydney?' He asked, for some reason excitedly.

'Uh...a week?' I said, hesitantly standing up.

'Perfect. If you'd like, I have a proposal for you.' He said, smiling down at me. 'Will you join me everyday so that together we can rebuild our awesome memories?' He asked.

'That's the craziest idea I've ever heard.' I exclaimed. Then, giving him a cheeky grin I said:

'Let's do it.'