Chapter 4

Tracy returned home that night by 11 pm. She walked into the room to find Richard already asleep. She was glad because she wasn't ready for his drama, she was already fed up with the marriage and needed a way to get out. She took a shower and dressed in her night dress.

She walked to her side of the bed and before laying on the bed she switched off her side lamp.

Richard woke up to see Tracy asleep. He got into the bathroom and took a shower. He came out with a towel around his waist, walked into the closet, and picked a white shirt, black tie, and black suit. He walked out of the closet to still find Tracy sleeping. He kept on wondering what kept her so late last night and it took every muscle in him not to wake her up and ask, so he decided to let it pass. He took his briefcase and headed downstairs.

"Good morning, sir. Breakfast is ready." The housekeeper said.

"Thanks, Anna."

Richard walked into the dining to take his breakfast because he'd be needing it. On the dining table were some toast, pancakes, bacon, fried eggs, apple, coffee, and juice.
He took some pancakes and bacon with a cup of coffee.

Richard was still on his breakfast when Tracy walked into the dining and sat across from him

"Oh, gosh! I feel so tired right now after having a lot of fun yesterday. Jessica took me shopping yesterday, we went to have a spa treatment and also had a girl's time out with some other friends. I didn't even realize it was already getting late, it was like it shouldn't end." Tracy explained excitedly.

"Really?" Richard replied dryly.

"So, you didn't even think it was necessary to let me or at least Anna know that you'll be coming back late. Seriously, Tracy, how long will you keep on acting this way?! You got us all worried!"

Richard was already trying to control the anger boiling inside of him.

"Please, Richard, don't start now. Don't you get tired of this? If you don't then I do."

Richard angrily wiped his mouth with a napkin and stood up from the table, already set to leave for work.

"Oh, so now you're walking out on me? After bringing up this whole issue." Tracy stood up and prevented Richard from taking one step further.

"Look, I don't want to be late for work, can you please step out of my way?" Richard was already getting frustrated. 

"Seriously, Richard! What do you expect me to be doing all day in this house? Just sitting my ass out, waiting for you to come home? I have a life of my own, okay? And you have no rights whatsoever to control my movement or even try questioning it. I'm so sick of all this. So, you expect me to report to you whenever I go out? Seriously, when did you become a cop or a bodyguard?"

"Enough, Tracy! I didn't wake up this morning for all of this!" Richard yelled.

"I'm leaving for work and I don't care what you do or where you go, okay?" Richard stormed out of the house.

Tracy scoffed and went upstairs to their room. She picked up her phone and dialed a number.

"Hey, babe. How about our date today?.... Okay, I'll be there in two hours. Can't wait to see you, love you. Bye."