Consolation (Burke) [1/2]

I check my phone to reread Mama's message. I say the message aloud and tuck my hair behind my ears before I step into the hospital.

I walk up to the woman in the check in desk and say:

"Hi, I'm here for Preston Burke."

"Okay, ma'am, will we let you see him shortly. All you have to do is answer a couple of questions for me okay? What is your relationship with the patient?" She asks.

"I'm a family friend." I say.

"Okay, may I see your I.D., please?" She asks.

I comply and hand her my I.D. She scans the I.D. and puts it into her system.

"Y/N Y/L/N?" She says as she hands me back my I.D.

"Yup. That's me."

"Pretty name."

"Thanks."

She hands me the sticker and I place it on my shirt.

"Good luck." She says.

"Thank you." I say as I walk away.

I look at the signs displayed on the hallway and found my way to the elevator. I step into the elevator and click the fifth floor.

"Hold the door." I hear a male say.

I quickly stick my hand in the door to prevent the door from closing.

I check my phone one last time to make sure that I am headed to the right floor.

"Thanks." I hear the man say.

"No problem.." I trail off when I finally look up from my phone.

My eyes meet a pair of baby blue eyes attached to an insanely attractive man. He has dark grey hair with white streaks on the sides. He has a large, muscular build and he is about 6'0". His jawline is amazingly precise, which completes his entire look.

A smirk tugs at his lips as he notices my gaze. I snap out of my gaze and return my gaze to my phone.

The elevator dings as the door closes and I just stare at the flickering lights on the dash. The elevator was dead silence until the man started humming elevator music.

I bite back a laugh as I feel his gaze on me. I clear my throat before I say:

"Take a picture, it'll last longer."

"Looking that gorgeous, I think I might have to consider that option." He says.

I look at him before I roll my eyes.

"Hmm, sassy too, aren't we?" He states.

"It depends on the person." I say.

I hold my arm in my hand and look back to the flickering lights. I feel the man box me in the corner of the elevator. His eyes gaze into mine and I can practically feel the warmth radiating off of him. His minty breath fans against my face as I say:

"You know this could be considered as sexual harassment."

"Do you feel harassed?.... or sexually aroused?"

My mouth gapes open at his words and I push him away by his chest.

"Player!" I say before chuckling.

He laughs with me before he says:

"Hey, don't hate the player, hate the game."

"Well I hate the player and the game." I say.

I bite my lip slightly and the elevator dings as it opens.

"Y/F/N! There you are!" Mama states as she approaches the elevator.