Heartbreak (2/2)

I just finished my last round on my patients and decided to make my way to house to move out and tell Conner what happened after I changed.

I walk down a hallway and saw Sam and DeLuca talking.

DeLuca looks over at me and says:

"It's not what it looks like."

"It doesn't matter if it is what it looks like or not." I say as I walk passed them.

"I'll text you when I'm done," I add.

"No, Y/N/N. You don't have to move out. I will." He says.

"It's Y/N. And I don't need your pity. I am more than capable of finding an apartment on my own." I say before walking out.

"Accidenti!" DeLuca yells.
(Damn it!)

I drive to DeLuca's house and slam the door as I walk into the apartment.

"Wow, angry much?" Conner asks.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I thought that you would be out and about by now. Where's Naomi? Is she taking a nap?" I ask.

"Uh no, she's over Meredith's for the sleep over and play date. Remember?" He says.

"Right, I'm sorry. I'm just- I just have  a lot on my mind right now." I say as I walk into the bedroom.

He follows me and says:

"Like what?"

I sit on the edge of the bed and rest my face in my hands.

"He cheated on me." I say,

"That son of a bitch,"  He says angrily.

"I'll go kick his ass now." He adds.

"Don't, Conner. He isn't worth it." I croak.

"He is if he hurts my best friend heart," he justifies.

"Conner please," I say.

He sits down next to me and I further explain:

"He suspected that we were having sex, and so he was jealous and spiteful. He knew the girl from college. They ended pretty bad and so.."

"So he had sex with her? That gives him no excuse. He should have talked to you first." He interrupts.

"I know," I say as I sniffle.

"I told him I will be out by tonight. He doesn't want me to leave, but this is the last place I want to be in right now." I add as I stand from the bed.

"Wait," He says.

"You need to cry," He adds as he places his hands on my arms.

"No it don't," I say, wiping a tear away from my eyes

I avoid his gaze and he says:

"You opened yourself up to him, didn't you?"

I nod frantically and he pulls me in for a hug. A sob escaped my mouth and I rest my head on the crook of his neck. I take fistfuls of his shirt as I felt my knees buckle. He catches me and my body caves as I sob loudly against his neck. The sobs were so frantic that I couldn't breath and rubs my back soothingly.

He sits on the bed and he holds me like I was a child. He rest the side of his face on my forehead and I hold onto his arm as I cry. I release a shaky breath and the sound of the door opening catches Conner's attention.

"Y/N," DeLuca says.

Conner stands from the bed and rushes into the living room.

"Oh no, no, no," I say as I follow after him.

"You piece of shit,"  Conner says as he lifts DeLuca up by his collar and slams him against the wall.

Conner punches DeLuca in the face and DeLuca fell to the ground. Conner tries to kick him but DeLuca grabs his leg and pulls him to the ground as well. DeLuca winds his arm back to punch Conner, but stops when I say:

"DeLuca no, please! Stop,"

Conner and DeLuca stare at each other and DeLuca helps Conner up.

"I didn't mean to hurt her," DeLuca says.

"Yes you did," Conner says.

"Come one, help me pack." I say, dragging Conner away from punching DeLuca again.