The Affair (3/5)

Over the course of a week, Jackson and I have coexisted with one another. I cooked breakfast and dinner. Even though that he insisted on cooking dinner, I still said no. Once I made my mind up about something, I don't get convinced otherwise.

I hiss when the cold air brushes against my skin as I walk out of my steamy bathroom. I dry myself off before I change into my pajamas. I take out my hair clip and watch as my hair flows passed my shoulders. I climb into my bed and began to read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. About a few minute in, I hear a knock on my door. I look up to see Jackson shirtless.

"Hi," I say.

Thankfully, my Rottweilers have gotten used to him do they don't see him as much of a threat anymore. They laid comfortably in their beds as Jackson walked in.

"Hey," he says.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, everything is fine. It's just..." He states as he sits at the edge of the need next to me.

"April wants to go back to Jordan. She's not even been here for a week and she just wants to leave. " He explains.

"Oh my God, Jackson." I say.

"I don't-- I don't know if she is okay or not. Because she doesn't talk about what happened in Jordan-- actually now that I think about it, she has no time to do anything besides work. It's... it's ruining our marriage and she's acting like she doesn't care. The thought of her staying over there for three more weeks worries the hell out of me and... I don't think I can convince her to stay." He adds.

I close my book and set it on the nightstand, giving him my full attention.

"So I gave her an ultimatum, if she's going to Jordan then she can kiss our marriage goodbye."

"And which did she choose?" I ask.

"Jordan, she chose Jordan." He says with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, Jack." I say, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, me too." He says.

His gaze trails up my arm and lands on my lips. His eyes dart from my eyes to my lips and he started to lean in. His lips capture mine in a short kiss. He slowly pushes me into the bed and tilts his head to the side to deepen the kiss. My body succumbs to his touch, but my mind doesn't. I pull away and push on his chest.

"Jackson, what are you doing? We can't do this, I'm an intern and you're an attending. And you're married. We can't..." I trail off.

"You're right. You're right, I'm so sorry." He says as be stand from my bed.

"You're a rational thinker, maybe you do belong in trauma after all." He says.

"I uh... understand if you don't want me in your house anymore. I'll leave first thing tomorrow morning before you go for your morning run." He adds, walking towards the door.

"No, don't have to leave.. I understand why you did it and we can pretend like it didn't happen. Really it's not that big of a deal." I say.

"Yes, it is a big deal. I am your superior, I should have known better." He says before walking out of me room.

"Jackson," I call, but he continues to walk away.

I huff as I collapse back onto the bed. I turn off my lamp and tuck my arms behind my pillow as I gaze up at the ceiling. The minutes turned into hours and I glance at the clock; it read 1:35 am. I can't go to sleep knowing that Jackson and I left things on the wrong foot.

I climb out of bed and walk into his room.

"Jackson," I say.

He groans in response and I sit on the edge of his bed.

"Jack?" I say, caressing the side of his face.

He tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes before he sat up. I take my hand away and he says:

"Y/N? What-- what are you doing here?"

"We can't end the night like we did," I say.

I stop once I see his eyebrows furrow in concern.

"You know what, forget I was even here. I'll leave." I say, standing from the bed.

"Wait," he says holding me back by my wrist.

"How should we have ended the night then?" He asks.

I glance at his lips before cupping his cheeks and kissing him. This takes him by surprise and his hands rests on the back of my neck. He pulls away slowly and looks deeply into my eyes.

"Are you sure.." He trails off when I nod.

Within seconds, he pulls me under him and wraps my legs around his waist. He settles himself in between my legs and  started to grind against me as he leaned down to kiss me. I close my eyes as our lips continue to massage each other. His tongue parts my lips and explores my mouth as he tucks his hands under my shirt before he pulls it off completely.

He sends wet kisses down my stomach before pulling off my pajama pants, leaving me in my bra and underwear. I push on his shoulders and straddle his waist. He looks up at me and my lips capture his. I pull off his pants and boxers and he presses my back against the bed again. I unbuckle my bra as he rips off my underwear. He pulls the covers over us and I arch my back as he slipped inside me.

**

He gained one last thrust before pulling out of me. He waited for me to come down from my third orgasm until he collapsed next to me. I tuck my bed sheets under my arms and stared up at the ceiling. I calm my breathing and ask:

"What did we just do?"

"I.. don't know." He says.

"What are you going to do about your wife?"

"I don't know,"

"Could this affect our ability to work together?" I ask.

"I don't know,"

"For goodness sakes Jackson, what do you know?" I snap as I walk out of bed.

"What I know is that what we did was wrong and that it should never happen again!" He snaps again.

"Well it's not like it's my fault, you're the one who came into my room and--"

"Hold up now! I'm not the one who practically straddled me while I was half asleep." He interrupts.

"Oh don't you dare make yourself look like the victim! You're the one who kissed me first!-- Okay, you know what?"

"What?"

"Maybe you're right, this shouldn't happen again."

"It shouldn't have happened in the first place," He says.

"Fine, then let's forget this ever happened." I say.

"Okay,"

"Okay,"

I walk over to his side and pick up my clothes. He grabs both of my wrists and throws me in his lap.

"What are you--?"

He brushed the hair out of my face and says:

"You look really hot when you are mad."

I roll my eyes at him and he adds:

"Look, I didn't mean to make you upset, that was never my intention. I just... I don't know how to tell April or if I should tell her."

"We don't have to do this if you don't wa--"

His lips interrupt my sentence. He slowly pulls away from my lips before saying:

"Believe me when I say that I want this... I've wanted this ever since I saw you go for your morning jog."

I burst out laughing and he adds:

"I'm willing to do this if you are,"

I cup his cheeks and press a warm kiss on his lips. He keeps me steady on his lap before flipping us over. He links his hand with mine and places kisses down my neck.