Chapter 22

Percy's POV

I woke up without Nico beside me. I shot up and looked around. He wasn't here. I was panicking. It couldn't have been a dream. Could it?

"NICOOOOO!!!" I screamed.

I put my head in my hands and cried. Suddenly I felt someone shaking me.

"Percy! It's ok! I'm here. I'm here and I'm never leaving again." I heard him whisper.

I turned and held him tight. He shushed me and rubbed circles into my back. I cried into his shoulder.

"I thought you were still gone. I thought it was fake..."

"I'm here. This is real. I'm right here."

We held eachother for a while.

"C'mon let's eat, I made breakfast. Thats where I was."

I nodded and wiped my tears. He took my hand and led me to the kitchen.

"If you don't mind me asking," Nico stated. "Leo, why the hell did you scream 'Yolo'?"

We all erupted with laughter.

"Well you see," he started. "We were driving along when Percy here decided it would be a good idea to barg through the front door. With the car. So I freaked out and screamed the first thing that came to my head."

We exploded with laughter again. Jason's face turned red he laughed so hard. We chatted and joked for another two hours.

*time skip of normalness* (boooo!)

I wouldn't let Nico leave my side for the rest of the day. If he went to the couch, I went to the couch. If he wanted a snack, I went with him.

"Percy, I get your worried but can I please take a shower without you standing outside the door and calling me every two minutes?" he snapped.

"But what if-"

"No 'what ifs.' I'm sick of what if. Do you know what I was thinking the whole time I was there!?!" he yelled at me.

"We said to forget about that..."

"I can't simply forget. I CANT FORGET SHIT LIKE THAT!"

"I know... that was a wrong choice of words."

"EITHER WAY ITS THE SAME THING! I KNOW YOU CANT FORGET EITHER! YOU STOPPED LOOKING AFTER THE POLICE GAVE UP!"

"How'd you..."

"I just..."

"TELL ME HOW YOU KNEW!"

Leo and Jason wouldn't tell him. I stopped looking after the police gave up but I still hoped. I never stopped hoping. I never gave up.

"They took me into town everyday for a solid week. They always kept me disguised but they made sure we ran into you."

"Why didn't you call out to me?"

"They kept a gun to my side the whole time."

"Oh..."

There I go making another mistake. I whispered an apology in his ear. We hugged and kissed again. The rest of the day was quiet. Then again quietness is always bad.

#minicliffhanger
SORRY FOR THE LATE CHAPTER!
HEADS UP IM NOT POSTING FRIDAY CAUSE I GOT MY 8TH GRADE FORMAL
BYEE