The Man in the Garden

As I walk to the garden of the palace I breathe in the sweet air of peaches. I smile and feel for a place to sit. I find a rock and sit down. Moments later I hear footsteps in the garden and turn my head towards them. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." A man says with a soft voice.

"It's alright. People don't normally come here. Would you like to sit." I start to stand up but he sets a hand on my shoulder.

"No, I'm fine with standing." The man says. "So why are you out here?" He asks me.

"I needed to clear my head," I say as I turn my head towards him. That little flash of sight I had at the festival scared me for some reason. The worst thing is that I made eye contact with Pince Kouha.

"Clear your head about what?" I hear him sit down in the grass in front of me.

I hesitate for a second. This man seems trustworthy. But, I don't know if I should. For all, I know the Prince sent him here to check. "I-I'm blind. But, for some reason yesterday I had a flash of vision. Just a few moments ago it happened again. I made eye contact with one of the princes of the Kou empire. And, he's not very nice to me. So, I'm afraid that he thinks that I'm just faking it." I hear the man sift a bit.

"Well, all I can say is that your eyes tell me that you can't see. You never meet my eyes exactly. They kinda wonder as you face me. So, that's probably what he's thinking." I smile lightly at the man.

"Thank you, I'm Y/N," I say softly. The man chuckles softly then I hear him stand up.

"I'm Alibaba, it's very nice to meet you." I knit my brows a bit. "What's the matter?" He asks with worry. But all I do is stand up.

"N-nothing, I know someone with the same name." I hear a gasp come from his and I jump back a bit.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm just surprised that you know someone else that has my name. Can I meet him?" From his voice, I can tell that he's excited about this new news.

"Maybe in a bit. Could you stay here for a bit with me?" I ask him softly. Then I hear him sit in front of me.

"Sure, you probably need some time to clear your mind from what just happened to you." I nod my head as I turn my head away. "I'd would be the same way if I way in your shoes."

For a few moments, we sat in silence. Then I hear him lay down on the ground with a small sigh of relaxation. But, there's a quick yelp of pain from him. "Are you ok?" I quickly ask.

"Y-yeah." I hear him shift a bit. "I laid down on a pricker bush. I don't even know where it came from. It just appeared." Something similar happened before. With the other Alibaba if I remember. But, it wasn't a pricker bush. It was a blue flower right. "Maybe it was and I just didn't see it."

"Maybe, but I believe a gardener would never plant something that could hurt people." He chuckles then shifts again.

"What about the roses that they planted here. Those could hurt someone if they're not careful." I smile a bit as I shake my head. "I'm glad to see you smile." I jump at this comment. "I-I'm sorry if I caught you off guard with that."

"It's alright, um I forgot why are you here? Did the king or one of the princes' invite you?" He clears his throat and shifts a bit where he sits.

"Well, I was invited by Prince Kouha. But, I promise I won't tell him anything. Cross my heart." I can tell by the sound of his voice that he's telling the truth.

"Thank you, you don't have to stay here with me. If you want to go back to the festival grounds you can." I hear him shift once again.

"I'll be fine here. I just need a bit of silence. If you don't mind me here."

"I don't mind at all," I say with a small smile. "Although I should head back to my room in a bit."

"Alright, um how many days are you staying in the palace for?" For a moment I don't really know what to say. But, I softly take a breath and tell him the truth.

"At the moment I live here in the palace. I'm a personal servant here." I hear a small gasp come from him. But, I chose to ignore it. "What about you? How long will you be here for?"

"I'm going to be here for about a month." I hear him stand up and start to walk out of the garden. "I'll see ya around, Ok?" I nod my head.

"Ok." I stand up myself and start walking back to the room.

-Alibaba's Pov-

I swear I saw someone behind the pillar over here. Maybe it was just my imagination. Y/N is an interesting girl. I wonder who she's a personal servant for. Not that I don't trust him. I just hope that she's not Judal's personal servant. Who knows what he would do with her. If she is I wish her much luck with him.