The Shadow

-Judal's Pov-

I set down Y/N on the bed in a new room. Carefully I wipe the tears that still stained her soft cheeks. The thought of her crying over something like this makes my heartbreak. All my life I haven't really cared about anyone this much. It was until I met her that I felt that way. What the hell is the matter with me? 

 I walk away from the bed and out of the room. Softly I close the door behind me. Once I start walking down the hall I see a shadow out the corner of my eye outside the window. I walk to the window and look around. Once again I see the shadow again and I start to follow it. As I the shadow keeps moving it gets faster. Somehow I keep up with it. Every time I think I'm getting closer to it, it gets further away. 

 I keep following it until I lose it. With a sigh, I look around to see if I can find it. But, luck is not on my side. I can't find the shadow anywhere. 

 After I walk into the room I'm almost hit with vines that have grown off the wall. Once I get my balance back I look at the wall and see the large thing of vines growing on it. "I wonder how strong she is with her magic? I do know that she's strong without it." I start to walk around the room again and look around. I see a few things missing from the room and the closet is open. Maybe Alibaba took somethings before I got here. I'll have to ask him about it later. 

 Looking around the room there's nothing for me to help with the investigation. This is so irritating! I need something to help find who's doing this to her. Who knows what he's planning on doing to her. 

 Now, that I think of it. I don't really know much about her past. I don't want to ask her about it. I do know that she was a slave. It might not be anything special. But, I still kinda want to know. But, it might not have been the happiest time of her life to think of. Maybe I'll ask her after this is all done and over with. 

 I walk out of the room but, I notice something off again. I feel like I'm being watched. It must be the shadow I was following. They must be following me now. I start to walk down the hall again towards where Alibaba was.

Once I get there I walk up to him and whisper. "I have a feeling someone is following me. I want to know who it is. Can you help me catch them?" He nods at me and I give him a small thumbs up. 

 We both walk away from each other. He stops walking a few meters from me as I just keep walking to keep the person's attention. I stop for a moment at a corner and wait for a second. After a moment or two, I hear a female voice and Alibaba trying to calm her down. I walk back around the corner to see a girl not much older than Y/N. "You know for an assassin you're not very stealthy," I say as I walk up to her. She looks at me a bit scared. Alibaba let her go and I just stare at her. "Your not who I was expecting." 

 "Who were you expecting? The guy who's attacking Y/N?" I look at her, shocked. "He's not as clumsy as I am. But, he's still not the best assassin." 

This is going to be the cheesiest thing I'm ever going to say. "Who are you and how do you know about the attacks towards Y/N?" The girl shook her head at me and sighed. 

 "It's a long story." She says and I just nod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm sorry I didn't post this sooner. I've been busy with somethings. I'm also sorry that this chapter is so short.