Getting Rid of the Devil

Alibaba and I walked around town for a while once I calmed down. I told him that I'm going to fight the assassin myself. We met up with "Ace" and we told her what happened.

After a while, we all walked around town looking for Decius. Once he's gone Taran will leave this place and leave me alone. I might not be trained but, I know I can beat him. I know what I can do. He doesn't. Plus, I'll have help.

We waited at an old building for him. An hour passed when he finally jumped in front of me. "So, are you ready to give up?" He said with a smile.

"No, I'm ready to fight."

"Fight? How? You can't even see."

I look over at Alibaba and smile. He nods his head smiling back. A sharp vine shoots out of the ground and at Decius. Out of reaction, he jumps out of the was with a small hint of shock on his eyes. "I won't go down so easily."

"I guess not." A large smile grew on his face as he reached for his weapon. He got ready to attack but, Alibaba stood in front of me taking out his own weapon. "Well, this isn't a fair fight then. Three against one?"

Alibaba frowned. "Says the person who would attack a blind girl." Decius chuckled at this remark.

"This is true. So, maybe it is fair." Was all he said before he ran at us. Alibaba ran at him as well and their weapons clashed together. "I see you have the dumbest assassin with you." He said looking at 'Ace'. "How's it feel to end up with a small job you have Rose?" I saw her face turn sour once he said her real name.

"I'm not dumb! I just have my own ways of doing things!" She yelled at him and almost running at him. Luckily I grabbed onto her arm before she could.

Alibaba and Decius fought more. I could tell that Alibaba was starting to get tired. I know he doesn't want to use his dinjin for a small fight like this. I walked up to them after watching for a while. "Y/N, are you sure?" Alibaba asked and I nodded my head. He backed away as Decius straightened his stance.

"You think you can beat me?"

"No, but I can try," I said another sharp vine shot at him. This time he was too in his head to really dodge the attack. The vine got him in his leg leaving a deep cut.

He looked at me and growled. He then ran at me and out of reaction I lifted my arm up which caused a wall to pop up from the ground in front of him protecting me and the others. I heard a loud thud against the wall telling me he either ran into it or his weapon hit it.

Everything was quiet for a second. Finally, I saw him jump over the wall and I quickly knelt down to let large pricker bushes to grow under him. He landed in the bushes causing him to get hurt more. For me this is nothing. For him it's work. The bushes disappeared and he was standing with blood running down his arms and legs. "Just know that I'm only doing my job."

"We know. The thing is you don't have to finish it." I said out of fear and confidence.

He took a deep breath and walked away. "Just know that he will go after you again." Was all he said before he left.

Just by doing simple magic I dropped to my knees out of low energy. Alibaba picked me up and started walking towards the inn. But, I stopped him when I said, "Let's just go to Sindria." He sighed softly then nodded his head.

"What about Judal? I know he would want to say goodbye." Once he said that I shook my head.

"I don't want to see him." What I said was a lie. I wanted to see him but I know I shouldn't. It's best for both of us not to see each other. No matter how heartbreaking it is.