Chapter 34

The air in  the forest was cold beyond belief. The sky was no longer a happy sky blue, but it was now a dark blue that was almost black. I have no idea how to find my way back home...

"This is bullshit," I told myself, as a giant breeze showed up.

I heard footsteps behind me from deeper within the forest. I turned my head slowly, and my eyes widened.

"Well, look who we have here..." Zayn said darkly, revealing himself.

I froze in my spot, and suddenly everything Liam told me...

-

Oblivion Forest...?

I've never heard of such a place before.

"It's not dangerous right..?" I asked, following Liam on the water's surface.

"It depends on where you go and what time." Liam answered simply.

"What times is it not safe?"

"Whenever he's there..."

"Whenever who's there...?" I asked, scared for Liam's answer.

"The dangerous angel that lurks there..."

Dangerous angel?

"There's a dangerous angel..?" I asked as we swam.

"Apparently so. That's why I was so surprised to see you were an angel. I've only encountered the evil ones."

"Wait, there's more than one of them?"

"...Yes, there's more than one."

"...Describe this dangerous angel to me, please..."

Liam breathed a deep breath.

"Well, his looks...don't be decieved by them. He's gorgeous I admit, and his wings...they're a gentle color at first, but you can't let that fool you. He's unsafe to be around... I know from experience." Liam explained.

"You know from experience?"

"Yeah, one day years ago I swam to Oblivion Forest and I saw him here with a human... Well, more like an angel that suddenly turned into a human."

"What did he do to them...?"

"First I saw him descend down from the sky, the heavens I assume, and he had the angel in his hands. He flew into the forest, set the angel down, and used some type of magic that erased his mind. Then after he erased his mind, his wings started to disappear."

"What happened after that?"

"The dark angel picked him up and flew off somewhere. After that I never saw the human here again, but the dark angel comes here all the time. Just lurking around..."

-

Zayn was the dark angel...

"...Stay away from me.." I whispered.

"Don't try to fight the darkness, Harry. You must cope with it..." Zayn replied, a dark aura of evil glowing from his wings.

I took a few steps back away from him, but he step closer.

"Your life down here won't end well... I can assure you that. You got in my way, and eventually you'll pay..." Zayn laughed darkly, a smirk appearing on his face.

"You're a fucking devil!" I yelled at him.

Zayn smiled an unpleasant smile.

"No, that's what you are Harry. You just don't know why yet. But I do, I can see it..."

"What can you see...?!"

"You being the reason..."

"The reason for what...?!!"

"The reason for the end of humanity."

"No!! I'm not like you, Zayn!"

"You're right, you're not. I'm much worse..."

"Stay away from Louis," I blurted out.

"You're the one that should stay away from him. It'd be bad if your little head angels found out about you loving a human..." Zayn laughed.

"But he's not a human... Is he?" I asked.

Zayn's eyes squinted at me.

"He's the angel you took from the heavens, isn't he?"

"...So you finally figured everything out. But guess what, Harry? It's beyond too late."

Suddenly thunder boomed, lightning flashed, and rain poured down.

"Good luck getting to Louis before I do," Zayn laughed aloud, as he flew off.

How can he fly with wet wings..?!

"I gotta get to Louis before Zayn does!" I yelled to myself, as I flapped my wings as hard as I could.

The next thing I knew, I was flying.