/Forty-Five/

/Megan/

Ethan: I'm so glad you're in my life. I don't know how I'd get through this without you.

I smiled at Ethan. I thought about what his mom said. Could he really want to marry me? Did he have a ring in his pocket? I hope so because I do wanna marry him one day.

/Next Morning/

I woke up and Ethan was sleeping beside me. I missed him holding me in his arms but I knew he was going through a hard time and I didn't want to pressure him.

I decided to get up and make breakfast because Ethan was still mopping around. You can't blame him though. I walked into the kitchen and made waffles because as you know I don't usually cook.

Once the waffles were done I put them on a plate. I turned around and saw Ethan walking out. He looked so cute. His hair was all messed up and he had a pair of sweatpants on. I looked up him and he walked over.

Me: Here.

I handed Ethan the waffle and he took it.

Ethan: Thanks.

I nodded and ate mine. Ethan looked sadder than he did yesterday if that was even possible. He had a small bite out of the waffle and then set it back down.

Ethan: I'm gonna go work out downstairs.

Ethan walked down to the basement where he had a gym. I sighed and leaned against the counter. My phone started to ringer seconds later. I saw that it was Matthew and I answered.

Me: Hello?
Matthew: How's Ethan?
Me: He's still depressed. He ate a bite of a waffle and now he's downstairs working out.
Matthew: Doesn't surprise me. He works out when he's stressed.
Me: I feel bad for him. He looks even sadder.
Matthew: Go talk to him. It'll make him feel better.
Me: Ok I will.
Matthew: Ok. Bye Megan.
Me: Bye Matthew.

I hung up and then walked downstairs. I saw Ethan doing push-ups and all I could do is watch. I stared at him until he eventually stopped. He got up and looked over at me. I looked back at him and he walked over to me.

Me: Ethan?

Ethan: Yeah?

Me: Are you ok?

Ethan: Honestly Megan, no I'm not. I miss my mom. I'll never see her again.

Me: It's hard Ethan. I know you loved your mom. I could tell that she was a great person from the short time I knew her.

Ethan: I'm sorry if I'm distant from you Megan. Don't think I'm mad at you because I'm not. I love you and I really appreciate you being here with me through everything.

Me: I love you too Ethan.

He pulled me closer to him and kissed me passionately. His lips were soft and his arms were wrapped around my waist. My arms were wrapped around his neck and my hands were tangled in his hair.

Ethan let go of me then walked over to his water bottle. He took a sip then went back to what he was doing. I sighed then leaned against the wall and watched him. After a couple minutes I walked out and took a shower.

Once I was done I looked at the calendar. I saw that it was April 4th which meant two days until my birthday and three days til Ethan's. I wanted to get him something I just didn't know what to get him. I wanted it to be special to him and it's a perfect time. Maybe he'll snap out of his sadness.

I walked back downstairs and saw Ethan drinking his water. I leaned against the wall and waited for him to put the water down.

Me: Go get dressed I'm taking you somewhere.

Ethan: I'm not really in the mood Megan.

Me: To bad. Now go take a shower and get dressed.

Ethan rolled his eyes then followed me upstairs. He went into the bedroom and walked into the bathroom. I sat down on the bed and waited.

A couple minutes later Ethan came out with shorts and a t-shirt on. I got up held his hand. Then I pulled him out the door. I heard him laugh and I smiled. I grabbed his keys and we walked out the door.

Me: I'm driving.

Ethan: Okay.

I laughed then got in the car. Ethan got in the passengers seat and I started driving the car. I honestly had no clue where I was going so I thought as I drove.

Ethan: So where are we going?

Me: Umm-

Ethan: You don't know do you?

Me: Not really but I'll find a place.

Ethan: If you say so.

I laughed and so did Ethan. It felt good to see him finally smiling. He actually looked happy and that made me happier knowing that I cheered him up. Now I just have to find a place to go.

As I drove down the road I came across a mini golf place and looked at Ethan. He laughed and I pulled in.

Ethan: And I'll be winning this time because you cheated last time.

Me: I did not cheat.

Ethan: Yes you did! You hugged me on the last hole and made me aim the wrong way.

Me: Maybe you're just not good at aiming things.

Ethan: Well I'll aim my-

Me: Ethan there's kids here.

Ethan walked over and got close to my ear. Then he whispered.

Ethan: Well I'll aim my dick in your ass and then you can tell me how my aim is.

I smirked and looked up at Ethan. He looked down and kissed me.

Me: There's the Ethan I fell in love with.

He laughed then smiled. I smiled back and we walked into the mini golf place. Ethan paid and then we started playing.

We were on our last hole and it was 49-48. I was losing by one point. I hit the ball and it went right past the hole.

Me: Fu- Frick.

Ethan laughed and then went to hit his ball. After a couple hits he ended up winning but one point. The final scorer was 51-50. I got 51 obviously. I sighed then looked over at Ethan.

Ethan: Ha.

I laughed then hugged him. Damn I really love him so much. I hope his mom was right and he really does wanna marry me one day because I know I sure do. He's really special and I always have a great time when I'm with him.

Thanks for reading.

More on the way!