Chapter 10 : Dimming Heart

Zaid and Shiza rushed Rauf to the hospital. Looking at Zaid the hospital authorities asked no question and took Rauf to the ICU. As Rauf was parting from Shiza, she was breaking down. She recollected all the memories of her childhood. The way Rauf always shielded her from all the harm, her first doll, her school, her college, Rauf was her father, her mother, her brother, pretty much everything that Shiza had. She was her day, her night, the medicine to all her pain, the answer to all her problems. Rauf was her magic solution, her safety, her security, her wall. As Rauf went out of site, Shiza Broke down on the floor. Zaid quickly came by to attend to her. She hugged him tight and cried out loud.

"I don't understand what do they want from us? Why are they doing this? What has Mamu done to them?", a broken Shiza cried her heart out as she grabbed Zaid's shirt tighter. Zaid Didn't say word. He held Shiza softly and didn't even move a finger, fearing to break the chain of thoughts and flow of Shiza. He wanted her let out the burden she had on her heart. Shiza continued to cry, "My mamu cannot even hurt a fly. Who are these people Zaid? Why are they asking for money from us? Can't they see that we have nothing?, Thankyou so much Zaid for coming. Allah! What we would have done if you hadn't come on time." Shiza Cried for a long time still grabbing Zaid's Shirt and Zaid didn't move even a muscle. After a few minutes, but, her chain of thoughts finally broke when Anjum and Shabnam arrived. Anjum came rushing to Shiza, hugged her, and cried. And this time, Shiza did not cry. She consoled both of them that Mamu will be fine and then gave a quick glance at Zaid. After some time the doctors came in and informed everyone that Rauf was out of danger. Everyone took a sigh of relief.

"But one thing I am still clueless about, why are they after us?", asked Shiza.

Zaid looked on.

"Same question I have, What do they want from us?, said Anjum.

"Money!", answered Zaid.

"Extortion? from us? Can't they see we have nothing?", said Anjum

"It's a debt that you owe to Arun's father!", said Zaid, hesitatingly.

All the women stared at him in confusion as he narrated the whole thing.

"WHAT? THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE!" yelled Anjum, "Bhaijaan is a man of self respect, he will never do anything like this, tell him Shiza".

"Ammo is right Zaid; everyone in the neighbourhood knows that Mamu is a noble man. He will never do anything like this", said Shiza.

"Arun has files, with your Mamu's signatures; otherwise tell me why will Arun ever trouble you? He doesn't even know you", said Zaid

"BUT I KNOW BHAIJAAN!" cried Anjum

"No, there are still certain things you are unaware about Anjum!"said Shabnam, looking outside the hospital window and then continued, "Yes, Anjum, there still things you don't know", she looked down and then she added, "I know I was not suppose to say this in front of you Shiza, But Yes, your mamu owes them Money".

"WHAT? WHY?" said Anjum

"Anjum, don't make me reason it out. There are things that you are not aware of and it is better that you don't. Just know that, Rauf was suppose to pay this money and he was not able to. His entire life he is working and collecting money. So that he is able to pay this back.".

"Exactly Anni, its a huge amount. We need to know why there was a need to build a house this big when we cannot afford it?" questioned Shiza

Shiza! I told you, you don't need to know that! Anil and Your Mamu had old connections and contracts..." replied Shabnam

"What contract?", Interrupted Anjum

"'ve spoken more than I should have" , then adding, "just listen to what I have to say"

"Anni I won't ask further questions, there is no point in asking questions if there are no answeres coming. Just do me a favour but, don't tell about this to mamu, he is in a very risky state right now, if he comes to know that his Debt has become this big a serious matter and that we have so less time", she paused, her eyes flooded with tears, "I don't even want to think about the consequence"

"But Shiza, What will we do?" cried Shabnam

"Don't know anni, I really dont know!" after thinking for a while she then added, "Zaid he is your friend right? Why dont you talk to him? We just need time"

Shiza looked at Zaid and then tears rolled down her cheeks, "how are we suppose to return the money? How does he expect us to pay him back such large sum in just one month? If he wants we can compensate in any way possible, but this?" this time it was more of a saddened remark instead of question.

"If you want...", but before he could complete Shiza Interrupted, "No, Zaid, its okay. Thank you for whatever you did" she sighed.

Zareen arrived at the scene, "I am so sorry Shiza, I just came to know. How is he now?", said she as she rushed to Shiza to hug her.

"He is out of danger", replied Zaid.

Zareen also asked them about the reason for attack.

"Shiza, What are we going to do now?", cried Zareen.

"I have no clue Zaru! We cannot tell this to Mamu. It is not good for his health" said Shiza

They all discussed for proper solutions for a long time. They also decided that Ashar wont be informed, as for now he has work and his career. Shiza suggested talking to Zuhaan regarding this, since Arun, according to Zaid, would definitely listen to him, no one but only him.

"Have you lost it? You are going to talk to him? Will he listen to you? FORGET LISTENING, will he even let you stand there in front of him?", cried Zareen.

"Ahem!", Exclaimed Zaid

"Oh, Sorry Zaid", realizing her mistake Zareen said.

"It's okay, but I think you are right Zareen. I know my Brother, he won't even look at her, forget listening" Zaid confessed, finally giving up backing and covering up.

"But then what else we can do? What option do I have? I have to do something at least and after what happened today? I promise, I will not let a single fly of burden be on mamu", replied Shiza. To this, Zareen and Zaid just sighed, because Probably Shiza was right. She had limited option. She had to do something or the other for the debt.

On the other hand unaware of the problems in Shiza's life, Zahid Mirza is dreaming about his son's marriage. He wanted Ashar and Shiza's marriage for ages now, but just waited for the right time.

"I think now the time is right, I should talk to Ashar first", as soon as he finished the statement Ashar entered.

"Ashar! Come son sit" Zahid asked Ashar about his ideas to marry Shiza, and as expected Ashar was delighted.

"OH ALLAH! Son I am so happy that you said yes!", said Zahid.

"Abba! But Shiza? Will she marry me?", asked Ashar

"Oh Come on Son, of course she will. You are the best guy! She knows that", said Zahid

Ashar smiled and blushed. Later, at night in his Room; Ashar wondered about Shiza and their marriage. He was very happy that day, his love for Shiza finally was being completed.

"I will now be able to tell her that I love her, without the fear of losing her! On my Allah! She will be my wife; Mrs. Shiza Ashar Mirza, that sounds so beautiful!" He then walks up to his Elmira and the Elmira opens to reveal Shiza's photo. The room that Ashar lived in was not very big, but beautifully crafted. Upon entering the door half the room was covered with a King size bed, on the right side of the bed was an Elmira and on the left wall was the Door to the Bathroom.

Ashar looked at the Photo and said, "Shiza, You will finally be mine, tomorrow!"