Chapter 16 : Fate Lock

The most faint and dark garden, of the shabby house in Chawk was now decorated with Ribbons and lights, tents and flowers. On one corner, all the men stood along with Rauf, talking and discussing about Shizas golden fate.

"She deserved it Bhaijaan", said one of the men to Rauf, who looked like the happiest person on earth then the man continued, "She is such a sweet and cultured girl, you must be proud of her", Indeed proud was a small word for what Rauf felt. Not because she was getting married, but he always took pride in Shiza. "I am always proud."

The place looked the happiest state, it was lit with happiness, except for one dark spot. This dark spot was shining only because she was the reason for this extravaganza. She had no choice but to look happy or she could give away her small secret that decided her future. The event of Henna was about to began, all the women seated inside the house and men were outside. A small function, with few closed ones. Yes, here, invitation went to two most prominent houses as well, where Zareen decided to go, and maybe confront her. Shiza, on the other hand also waited for two of them. She looked at the door, continuously, to see at least one of them. Not to make any confrontations or explaining, just looking for some comfort, mere looking at her best friends would give her comfort. However, none came. After a few moments, there was an unexpected hush, outside the house, Anjum was called, and on call she said, "let him come inside, all Shiza needs is a friend at this moment", Shiza then thought to herself, "I was sure that Ashar would come". However, this just remained a thought; it was an unexpected guest arrival, ZAID.

Shiza's face immediately lit up to see Zaid, all she needed was a friend at his point, "Come on, is it even a marriage? There should be some fun right?" Zaid was indeed the light Shiza was looking for, her face now was glowing due to actual happiness, as if she forgot for that moment about the result of this whole chaos. Zuhaan.

Zaid lights up the mood, plays some music and in a flick of moment, the room was glowing with happiness and the star of the show, Shiza, Zaid dragged her in between the ladies and started to make her dance. Shiza was genuinely happy, and dancing with Joy as if she was actually happy. What she did not know is that, two known strangers were standing at the doorstep. These legs never needed permission to enter the house, today waited for someone to call them inside. They looked at Shiza who seemed escalated. "She seems to be very happy", said Ashar. "Sure she is", replied Zareen

"I guess she doesn't need us in this", said Ashar and as they turned around to leave they were stopped by Anjum, "Where do you think you are going?" they turned to look at Anjum. She pulled them inside. Shiza finally faced them, they stood staring at each other for a while, and everything else in the background seemed to slow down. Shabnam looked at three friends. Shiza looking at them, she could clearly see how hurt they were. Indeed, they had the full right to be upset. She re-called, the big decisions that she took without even telling them. Suddenly, then, it occurred to her, what she was doing. She was enjoying a celebration that will lead to pain. She was then overwhelmed with emotions and could not control it, and hugged both of them. She cried a little. Zaid, however, took charge of the situation, "She is emotional, it's her marriage".

"Thankyou for coming", said Shiza,

Zareen just quietly hugged her and said nothing. Zaid looked on. After that, Shiza parted herself and smiled. Everything went back to normal for the rest; Anjum pulled Shiza, to complete her henna design. Zareen and Ashar dutifully took their positions next to Shiza on the Carpet. Zaid, noticed that the dull expressions on Zareen and Ashar's face. He took Zareen to a side with an excuse and tried to explain to her.

"Zareen I know you are hurt that Shiza did not tell you about this, but trust me she wanted to. It was bhai's wish not to reveal anything until final. It was not her fault"