Chapter 35: Life Diary of Parvez - Part 2

A new story started with the name. Now, things were different, they had started to grow. Parvez met Rabia daily, now they just did not pass glances, but sat with each other. Rabia did most of the talking and Parvez just listened to her. He paid attention to every small detail that she told, also her eyes. Rabia never said anything to Parvez about his behaviour, but Parvez wanted to change, himself, for her. He believed that Rabia deserved a better man, someone more calm, thoughtful and relaxed. Someone who is not an active volcano all the time. The change was clear to everyone. Parvez had started to become calmer and relaxed, whenever he was with her and most of the time? He was with her. One thing was clear to both of them, they were not friends.

Things were going pretty well between Parvez and Rabia, until Parvez's friend visited Parvez at his Villa.

"I know, you are shocked and angry at me. Probably you would want me kill right now, but have I ever reported anything that is false?", told Paras

"PARAS, you are wrong. Your informants are wrong, I trust Rabia more than my life!", replied Parvez

"I know Parvez. You only tell me, have I ever lied to you? And why will anyone lie?", replied Paras

"Paras, you know the reason you are standing here unharmed? Rabia. It is her. I am changing because of her and you doubt her? she calls you brother mate!", replied Parvez

"And of course she is my sister Parvez. I will be the happiest if this information is false. But Parvez you are my friend, and it is my duty to make sure nothing goes wrong with you", replied Paras

Parvez decided that he would not keep the matter hanging and wouldn't stretch it. He decided to talk to Rabia the very next day and talk her about it.

Next day, Rabia again waited for Parvez in the old café, where Parvez went and sat with her. The tension was clearly evident from his face, so Rabia could hold the question and asked him in a very soft voice, "Is everything Alright?"

Parvez looked at her; he had tears in his eyes. He got up and left the café, to which Rabia followed. Parvez took his jeep and Rabia sat with him, and they took off. After about 15 minutes of silent drive, Rabia questioned him again, "Parvez, please tell me. What's wrong? Why are you acting this way? What happened? You are scaring me"

Parvez parked the jeep on the side of a long lonely road. He got down and walked towards the bonnet of the jeep. Rabia followed.

He waited quietly, looking at him for answers. He finally asked, "Who are you?"

"What do you mean?", questioned Rabia

"Rabia, Please", he turned towards her and added, "Yesterday when Paras told me this, for a moment I did not believe him, then I thought, for the whole night", he said, tears fell from his eyes, then he added, "I did not sleep the whole night Rabia"

Rabia was quiet. Parvez, however, continued, "I realised, that I have told you everything about me, my family, my parents, my house, my friends, but you?", said he looking at her, "I know nothing about you Rabia", said he, then added, "Not even your name"

As soon as she heard this Rabia broke down in tears. She started to cry like a baby, then she continued, "Yes, My name is not Rabia"

This confession shocked Parvez. The one person he ever wanted lied to him. Since the time he knew her, since the time they had started talking, she lied to him. She then grabbed Parvez's hand and added, "But I promise Parvez, I don't mean to hide anything. Just know that I have to. I am afraid", replied she, then added, "Parvez please trust me"

"Afraid of?", questioned Parvez

"My family and you", replied she

"Me?", questioned Parvez astonished