Chapter 31: Expensive mistake for Avaan

Zuhaan and Shiza were given a warm welcome by the house servants. Ali and Rajeev went to their homes, for their families were sick worried. Arun had to go to the hospital after an urgent call from the doctor. As soon as the four housemates entered the house, Zuhaan got a call from his office and he made sure of his presence. To his nod, Shiza turned towards him and in a commanding tone said, "Excuse me?"

"Actually there is something urgent that just came up", said Zuhaan, explaining himself like a 5 year old, after breaking a vase.

"Zuhaan? You just came home. And not from a vacation!", asserted Shiza.

"Shiza, it will just take a couple of hours. I promise", explained Zuhaan further

"Zuhaan?", uttered Shiza.

"I promise, just 2 hours. I'll be home. Soon", said Zuhaan. Shiza looked up at him and then said, "Alright. Just don't stress too much. And just 2 hours"

Zuhaan softly pulled Shiza towards him and kissed her forehead, "Be safe", he said and left the door. Zuhaan sat in the car and left, and Shiza entered the main hall. Parvez and Zaid had now accepted the fact that they must be ready for surprises and shockers like these on a daily basis. Zuhaan was, in fact, changing for good. There was a long gap between the present day and the day when Zuhaan was last seen angry. For the few days, Zuhaan did even quit growling. The food had been prepared; hot chapattis, chicken curry, cumin rice and a well decorated plate of salad. All the family member ate the food and went to their respective rooms for rest. Zaid however, came to Shiza a couple of hours later when she was standing on the terrace. As he moved towards the terrace, he noticed that the curtains of the room were not pulled, and the room appeared different. It was bright unlike what he was used to seeing. As soon as he stepped on the terrace, Shiza turned around to look at him. He smiled with teary eyes and hugged her and uttered, "I am so happy for you Shiza", and then added, "I am also very thankful to you". Shiza was just quite as Zaid continued parting from the hug, "Not just for saving bhai's life. Also for changing him. For helping him come out of the anger and growling state that he was constantly caught in". This statement however, surprised Shiza and she could help but speak, "Zaid"

"No Shiza seriously. You have changed him", said Zaid. This statement was however a surprise for Shiza. Her expression to this statement was of unfamiliarity, as if she doesn't understand the words or their meaning.

"I did not Zaid", said Shiza. Zaid was surprised by this statement. He did not understand what next to say. And Shiza grabbed this opportunity to add further, "I did not change him Zaid, he was always the same. Zuhaan was always this, just wore a mask on his face".

Zaid was still staring at Shiza with disbelief, while she just left him in confusion. She smiled and continued looking at the stars. Zaid wanted to debate about the confusion he had, but decided against it. Shiza looked calm. After a very long time, there was peace in her eyes, Zaid just stayed quiet. This peace was, however, disturbed, with the knock on the door.

"Ma'am, you and Sir have been called downstairs", said a servant politely

"Alright. We will just be there", replied Zaid.

In the main hall, Parvez was waiting along with Zuhaan, who was sitting on the opposite sofa. Parvez happily greeted both of them and then cleared his voice for an announcement. Zuhaan glanced at Shiza and his face lightened at the sight of her. Zaid saw this glow and he was overwhelmed with emotions. All he wanted ever, was his brother to be satisfied and get rid of his anger. For Zuhaan to be happy, for once. He wanted Zuhaan to know that life is much more than just office and room. This was his second time being emotional that day. First was when he entered Zuhaan's room and it was all lit up and well ventilated. His room did not look like a devil's cave anymore.