Chapter 17 : Just Married?

The drivers seat had Zaid driving the newly wedded to the Seraj Villa, with Parvez beside him. The newly wedded couple sitting behind, still not looking towards each other. Both of them stared at the Dark sky looking for meaning in the darkness. The darkness of the sky, somehow, appeared dull to both of them. The darkness that was inside them and the darkness that sealed their fates was darker than the darkest of skies. The Blue BMW was surrounded by a cloud of silence, which no one dared to break. Upon reaching the destination, the arrays of cars and SUVs entered a huge gate and turn by turn halted in front of the house. The Blue BMW then, halted in front of the House with Shiza's side facing towards the house, still she wasn't looking at the house rather she stared at the seat-rest in front. Zuhaan immediately got out of his side and rushed inside the house, and the ladies did not dare to stop him. Shiza just looked on, a single tear fell down her eyes. Zaid opened her door and helped her to step out. The ladies welcomed and greeted her warmly before she entered the house. The ladies, turned out to be the servants of the house. Shiza entered the main hall and then was guided towards the seating area by Zaid. She sat their silently, while she saw her things being taken up through the stairs. The cloud of silence seemed to have followed to the house as well, no one said anything. She saw Parvez, crossing across the hall in front of her without even looking at her, Shiza couldn't take the silence anymore and she said, "Now what?"

To these words, Parvezs Steps halted. Zaid looked on.

"Now what am I suppose to do? I mean where should I go?", she asked softly.

Parvez just stood there, processing Shiza's question and the depth of what she had asked. He knew that what he had ignored, has to be faced now. He turned towards Shiza, but did not look at her. He knew what he would have to look into her eyes, and answer her question. Shiza looked at Parvez for answers, but he did not reply, he wasn't even looking at her. She sighed and closed her eyes, gathered all her lung power for a soft gasp and a single tear. She got up from her place and then headed to the direction to where all her stuff went. Upon reaching the correct gallery, she didn't had to ask about the room, she could see all her stuff lying outside a room. She reached the room and stood outside. That area of the house, rather villa, seemed to her the darkest. She gazed at the door for a while. She heard footsteps approaching with a small airbag, a female servant. She kept the airbag outside and then was about to leave, when Shiza stopped her.

"Hey, wait please", said Shiza

The servant turned around with a freaked out look and head bowed down, "Yes ma'am", said she in a trembling voice.

Shiza, a little confused by the reaction to her 3 simple words, but then continued, "Why is all this lying outside?", then thinking for a while she added pointing towards the door, "Did He...?", but was interrupted by Zaid,

"No", Then added, "I mean, I will explain", then signalled the servant to leave. Terrified and trembling she left, apologizing to Shiza a hundred times.

"Zaid?", she gasped and glanced at the closed door.

"Shiza, The servant are not allowed in Bhai's Room", explained Zaid.

"Why was she so terrified of me?", questioned Shiza

"Well, you are bhai's Wife", this one sentenced was enough to explain the entire story of shaking eyebrows and trembling voice. Also. To give her chills as well.

"What am I suppose to do? Stand outside?", irritated now, Shiza gasped.

"I will help", just wait And then called one of the male servants.

"Zaid I thought you said servants are not allowed?", confused Shiza

Zaid Gasped and after signalling the servant Hasib to take her stuff inside the room, he turned to Shiza, "Shiza, please relax for tonight, there are a lot of things you have to know and remember about Bhai, but not today, you have already had enough for today, it was a long day. Please take rest, I will tell you everything I promise". Shiza gasped and looked at the room that was now open, with trembling feet and racing heart, she entered the Room.

"Just remember one thing, do not open the window curtains in the morning", Zaid said to which Shiza turned, "What?".

"Yes You Heard it right".

In the Study, facing the window, sat the old man, remembering his day of bringing his wife to the villa, how happy and elated he was and she was. He had always hoped it to be the same for his sons, never did he know that Zuhaan would turn out to be an anti-marriage person like this. He did not even want to realise what he had done, he was still happy, like he was trying to avoid the fact that he had damaged so many lives. Yes damaged, because destroyed was a too harsh word.

Shiza upon entering the room, finds Zuhaan sleeping. She stands there for a while and looks at the bed. Zuhaan made sure that he was symmetrically in centre of the bed. Shiza, stood their wondering what to do now. She finds the cupboard open, it seems as if Zuhaan was in haste before he went to sleep. Even he did not want to talk to Shiza, or did not want Shiza to talk to him. Shiza looks around the room, all windows closed, dark curtains. "how can anyone differentiate between day and night in this room?" wondered she. The balcony sliding door was also covered with Black curtain. She was tired, physically less, mentally and emotionally more. She saw a couch lying near the main door of the room, she sat on the couch, wondering what her life is going to be in the morning, with Zuhaan.

After a while, the dark room had two separate worlds, sleeping, ready to collide in the morning.

In the morning, Shiza got up earlier, still in Red, she glanced at the wall clock, 5 it was. She got up for the morning Namaaz. Irritated as he was, the last days hangover still had Zuhaan Red. He saw Shiza, and flushed. Zuhaan, got up and left the bed for the bathroom. Shiza, quietly, finished her prayers and glanced at the empty bed and closed bathroom door. She got up to make the bed. As she was about to get her hands on the quilt, Zuhaan pulled the quilt and threw it on the floor, scaring Shiza even further. Zuhaan stared at her with red eyes and pointed a figure towards her, said nothing. Took his towel and left. Zuhaan took longer time in the bathroom than usual, washing away, not only the tiredness from the last day, but also the anger that ran through his blood, tried to calm himself down, cool down. Zuhaan came out, looking calm. Shiza was there too, looking through her stuff for something, opening and closing each bag desperately. Zuhaan got ready then took a seat to sip his coffee.

From this day, the room will never be the same for both of them. Shiza, had to live rest of her life in this room, like a hotel room, that could never truly be hers. And Zuhaan, will, come to a room, that was a hotel to someone, shared. They lived like strangers, in the same room, most intimate in terms of relationship, yet strangers.

Weeks passed, and Zuhaan was still cold turkey on Shiza. They shared a formal relationship. They did not talk to each other. Shiza, always remained terrified. The room was dark, she feared entering it. Zuhaan was still a complete stranger to her life-partner. Shiza, had no work to do what so ever, in the big mansion. She felt, lonely. She just roamed through the empty walls, except for the blue door. That was always locked. She had seen Parvez lurking near the door, holding it shedding a single tear and then walking away. This was one of the reasons, she was intrigued by the door. She had inquired about it to Zaid, since he was the only one, she could talk to openly, but he had no idea. What was about the door that made Parvez so sad and anxious. She also noticed a dim light of hopelessness in his eyes and also a great amount of guilt, like the guilt of a 'guilty by law'.

One morning as she Stood there and wondering about the door, her thoughts were interrupted by Nazia. A young, 19 year old girl, dust complexion, slum and bright eyes, and a hopeful, beautiful and motivating smile. Nazia had been Shiza's favourite since the very beginning. she had helped Shiza settle down in the house. she told Shiza, about the house rules, behaviours and habit of everyone in the house and also what has to be done when 'ZUHAAN-ALARM' goes off. She stood there, gracefully, head bowed down in respect and hands behind. She uttered in a hasty and anxious tone though, "Sorry ma'am to interrupt you, but the guards found this package in the letter box and Bade Sahab has not come out of his room, so I brought this to you. It has your name".

"What? Mr. Seraj has not come out of his room? It's 9". Replied Shiza, and rushed to his room along with the package. She yelled his name a few times, with slow knocks that turned into banging and ultimately, opened the door only to find, Parvez lying down on the floor. "Mr. SERAJ!"