Chapter 23 : Smile

Another normal morning in the Seraj Villa and the entire family, was having breakfast peacefully. All four of them were sitting on the breakfast table- Parvez, eating slowly; Zaid, chirping and eating fast; Shiza, looking at everyone in peace and wondering 'can she compromise this?' and Zuhaan, Eating and conversing on phone.

"I will leave in the morning", said Zuhaan and then added, "I will prefer to stay at my farmhouse", and then he hung up.

"Zuhaan are you going somewhere?", queried Parvez to which Shiza glanced at him.

"Yes Baba. Remember I told you about Sarvesh Raghvan?", then glanced at Parvez and added, "He has asked for my assistance on the site"

"Near Ollani Right? Indore?", interrupted Zaid.

"Yes. So I will be leaving in the morning for Indore", stated Zuhaan. Shiza's face dimmed. She did not want him to leave just yet. She had many questions in her mind, many queries, but she did not speak. She just kept mum, also because her opinion did not matter to anyone, she thought.

"Shiza you are unusually silent?", said Parvez

She glanced up at Parvez, he could read the fear in her eyes, "What can I say?", said she dimly

"Anything!", instructed Zuhaan, while nibbling bread crumbs in his plate. Shiza then looked to her right at Zuhaan, who was two chairs apart. Nervous at the demand she bit her lower lips and continued, "We-ll, amm, Where will you stay?"

He glanced at Shiza in surprise and then added, "We have a farmhouse in Pithampur. It is 29 km from Indore"

"Okay", said Shiza with an awkwardness.

"Bhai? Your Site is close to Chambal Valleys right?", asked an excited Zaid, to which Zuhaan Nodded in agreement

"What? Chambal? Isn't it...Dangerous?", popped Shiza

"No, it isn't", replied Zuhaan, "There are no more Dacoits there. Villages around it are flourishing". Zuhaan looked at Shiza's face and said, "Trust me, it's all okay. It is safe"

"Okay", said Shiza, while everyone present there was surprised at Zuhaan ensuring his safety to Shiza.

Shiza then gets a call from Zareen and excuses herself to attend to it. After 15 minutes of talking random, Zareen finally asked what she had been wanting to ask Shiza for a long time. About the Debt. She had been wondering as to why Shiza completely gave up on the thought and no one came in to ask for it again. She gave a hundred logic, Shiza was Rich now, Arun was Zuhaan's friend, but then, how many time do these kind of coincidences happen in life? How often do we get lucky until we do something?

"Shiza, there is something that I have been wanting to ask you" (Zareen)

"Go on" (Shiza)

"Shiza, the evening Zahid uncle and Ashar came home, you had gone to meet Mr. Parvez right? To ask for help?" (Zareen)

Shiza was silent and just hummed

"Then what did you talk with him there? What did you say to him?" (Zareen)

"What makes you ask that?" (Shiza)

"I mean the very next day he came home right with this marriage proposal-thingy?" (Zareen)

"Zaru, please be clear what are you trying to say?" (Shiza)

"Okay, I will be clear. Just about a few hours before meeting him you were all worried and restless about the debt and then suddenly you come home and Rejected Ashar? And the Debt? Not even hinted anything about it." (Zareen)

"That is because Ashar was just a friend Zaru. You know that" (Shiza)

"Okay fine. Agreed for your sake. You then go ahead and agree to Marry Zuhaan. The man who hated you? And the Debt again nowhere to be mentioned by you?" (Zareen)