Chapter 13 : Golden Knock

Next morning, everyone waited for Shiza to come down. Shabnam, Rauf and Anjum, all three of them were excited to hear what Shiza has to say about her marriage to Ashar. Just as they sat there and waited, they heard a knock on the front door.

"Who Could it be? So early in the morning?", said Rauf.

"I'll see", as Anjum got up Rauf held her hand, "No wait, I'll see"

Rauf Got up and walked up to the front door. He opened the door for a tall old man. He wore a black long embroidered coat and a pair of leather shoes that shined brighter that the walls of the house. He had an iconic 'nawab' hat, that gave the entire personality an undefeated aura.. The Light wrinkles on his face deepens as he smiled, represented years of experience and hardwork.

"Oh my Allah! Mr. Seraj?" Uttered Rauf in soft astonishment.

"A/w", greeted Parvez

"w/s" , said Rauf

"May I come inside?", asked Parvez politely

"Oh...Yes sir definitely", said Rauf little embarrassed.

Rauf escorted Parvez inside and then asked him to sit. With a little blink of eye and a slight movement of hand he gestured Anjum towards the kitchen after introducing her, "She is my sister-in-law, Anjum".

"A/w", greeted Parvez

"W/s Sir", replied Anjum before heading to the kitchen.

Then Rauf looked at Shabnam and said, "She is my mother-in-law"

"A/s Ammi", greeted Parvez with softness and getting up a little from his place out of respect.

"W/s Son", replied Shabnam

Everyone was in a complete state of shock and astonishment. Rauf then sat on the opposite side to where Parvez was sitting. He was still amazed at the same time, with the view he was exposed to, Parvez Abdullah Seraj, the most powerful man in Allahabad was sitting in his main hall. He was unable to speak or think of words to strike a conversation. Hundreds of questions were in his mind, Why is he here? What does he want? How does he know me? Should I ask him? "No that would sound rude!" While he was thinking all this, Parvez broke the ice.

"You must be wondering why I am here?", uttered Parvez.

In the kitchen, was an anxious Anjum, running around in the small kitchen gathering things, cooking stuff, also wondering the possible negative reason of Parvez to be there. She was talking aloud, "Oh My Allah, why is he here? Has he come here for the money?". Anjum was worried, so much so that she was palpitating, "Have we done something wrong?, My Allah!"

"Yes, Sir", said Rauf as softly as possible.

"Mr. Elbaz During my entire life I have done a lot of work and took many decisions as well that changed my life for Good or bad", said Parvez, "But you know Something, the best decision of my life?", asked Parvez. To which Rauf just looked on. "Rabia", replied Parvez with glowing eyes

"Rabia, Sir?" asked Rauf

"My wife", answered Parvez. Rauf and Shabnam both looked at each other, still trying to figure out why the man who visited them for the first time ever, was narrating his life story to them.
"I Am here to take another most important of the same effect, only if you help me", said Parvez.

"How sir?", questioned Rauf.

"Shiza", said Parvez, shocking everyone in the hall. Just as he said this, Anjum entered. She kept the tea and stuff on the centre table, still sweating.

"Shiza, sir?", Rauf tried to ignore the possible hint.

"I am here with a marriage proposal for your niece Shiza", as Parvez said this, Anjum accidently poured the tea on the table. This statement took Rauf aback. "For my son, Zuhaan", said Parvez.