Chapter 33: Life Diary of Parvez

"Parvez, where are you? You have certain friends of your at the door", called a lady from the grand hall. She was old, but had aged gracefully. Her clothes were decent and a veil was on her head. Her eyes, however were wrinkled and had a lot of pent-up pain in them, they were helpless and hopeless, however had glasses on them. Old rusted glasses. The only part in her that looked old were her eyes. She wore a off-white 'Khadi' suit, that was beautifully embroidered. She wore no makeup on her face, her hands, however had bangles. Parvez had instructed her strictly to wear them. A simple pair of slippers. She always looked 'ready to attend'.

Running down came a boy about 26 years of age, black shirt, rugged jeans and messed-up hair. He did not even look at his mother, just passed a statement, "Amma I will be late, don't wait up"

"Parvez, but today is 10th", said Mariam, and Parvez paused.

"SO?", replied an annoyed Parvez

"Can't you stay home today? It's your father's death anniversary", replied Mariam with as much sweetness in her voice as possible

"What will I do at home?", replied Parvez, "Nothing!!"

Parvez then walked up to the table, kicking is so hard that the vase fell on the ground shattering it. The sound of the crash scared Mariam, "You love to annoy me? Don't you?", yelled Parvez.

Mariam couldn't help but let the tears flow. Parvez looked at her in disbelief, but then walked to her and added, "Look, he was your husband, deal with it. I love you, but you need to stop annoying me all the time Amma", said Parvez and left with his friends. Mariam was left sad and helpless. She looked up and closed her eyes, letting the tears fall, "Ya Allah! Please help my son. Keep him safe".

This helpless mother had no idea, that it is his son that people needed protection from. Parvez Abdullah Seraj, the most infamous person in Allahabad University. He was counted amongst local goons, he and his gang had terrorised the whole university. Everyone feared him. Parvez used to pickup fights with local goons of the area. Today was a bad day for one of those people, Mustafa Alam, who wanted to rise up. He was establishing a ground for himself, and Parvez couldn't let that happen. In order to establish himself as a successful goon in Parvez's area, Mustafa had taken an extreme step; he threatened one of Parvez's friend and had beat him up, Paras.

Parvez, with 2 of his friends, reached the university where Paras waited along with the 'gang'.

"Where?", questioned Parvez

"The old Café", replied Paras, this was enough for Parvez to understand, in fact 'old café' was a term almost everyone in the University understood. Parvez with the rest of the gang, reached the old café. A place that was, like it's name, truly Old. It was a café; it had a small space outside with a few tables and then inside of the café was a medium room, with clustered tables. Pale walls, broken furniture and a worn out cashier, clearly indicated the age of the café. However, outside area was newer in comparison to inside; it was newly built, some 10 years ago.

Parvez, on reaching the old café, saw Mustafa with his gang of 5 members sitting on one of the tables outside. Parvez growled.

"I was waiting for your arrival Honey", said Mustafa in a taunting tone, getting up from his chair; followed by other 5.

Parvez was angry and pissed; he walked closer to Mustafa pushing hard a table in the way. He rushed to grab his collar, in response to which Mustafa grabbed Parvez's collar too. The students as usual, scared with the tiff, stepped back.

"You don't touch my people you---", Parvez did not continue

"What? Afraid to use a cuss word?", taunted Mustafa