Chapter 25: Hold on, I still need you

Shiza was sitting in the main hall after the breakfast, when Zuhaan decided to stay back at home. He was busy with his laptop and Shiza was using her phone, when she gets a call. She yells with joy when she sees the name, "ASHAR", but her smile disappeared as soon as she picked up the call. Her expressions went numb, and her knees weak. She tumbled down on the couch when Zuhaan quickly came by her side. She sat still holding the phone, her eyes filled with tears, but she did not cry, she was in utter shock. Zuhaan quickly grabbed the phone and did the talking, "Hello? Ashar?", since he knew who it was, he greeted.

"No--- (Sniffs)—Zuhaan, this--- (sniff)—Zareen" (Zareen)

"What happened? Everything alright?" (Zuhaan)

"NO---NOO—NOO" (Zareen broke down in tears) "Zahid Uncle"

"What happened?" (Zuhaan)

"He was killed last night" (Zareen)

"WHAT??? WHAT THE HELL? WH—A—T? Ashar's father? Oh my God. MURDERED?" (Zuhaan)

Zareen was just crying profusely on the phone so she couldn't answer any of his questions and Zuhaan did not force it on her. All she did was taken one name 'AVAAN'. Zuhaan just hung up, he understood the who the culprit was, and also because, he did not want an already broken Zareen, to be troubled further. Zuhaan, then, looked at Shiza, he felt a strange pain in his chest when he saw his wife sitting still. He quickly sat beside her and tried to talk, "Shiza, we will leave immediately for Allahabad okay?" she did not reply. Zuhaan, did not know what to do, usually he gets a reply when he aspects it. He sat there staring at her for a while, but Shiza just sat there, staring at nothingness. Zuhaan was getting restless, he wanted her to react in some way.

"Shiza, please, talk to me", said Zuhaan finally breaking the silence, but Shiza did not even blink. "Say something, please. Anything", he tried again. Zuhaan had never consoled people who had lost someone, and Zahid was like a father to Shiza. It was like she had lost a father of hers. Zuhaan did not know what to do or tell her that will calm her down, but one thing he was sure of, crying was necessary in these situations and Shiza was silent. Zuhaan was running across the house packing stuff and calling people, also trying to talk to Shiza on occasions when he passes by; while Shiza was still silent. Zahid was like Shiza's father. He always was there by her side. He always, protected her and loved her. Shiza had her whole childhood, running around with him. She remembered everything she did as a child. Zahid was always sensitive of Shiza. Nothing in the world could scare the brave Zahid, except for Shiza's tears. He could never see her cry, a single droplet of her tear used to create ripples in the entire neighborhood. Nothing could touch Shiza that was capable of causing pain. Injections were especially very painful for Zahid, since they were important, but they caused the little Shiza pain. No one ever knew this, but she could talk her heart-out to Zahid. She used to share her problems with Zahid, until she joined college and got busy, but Zahid was always there with her. Zahid was always a strong person for Shiza, especially after he rescued her from Avaan. She never could imagine anything bad happening to him. The thought of Zahid's death gave her chills. The fact that returning to Allahabad, that no longer had Zahid, scared her. She was blocking everything, and the reason, she was Still Silent.

This feeling was, however, new for Zuhaan. Zuhaan was never this close to any of his friend's fathers. 'How can someone be so shaken up? Was she that close to him? How?' were some thoughts in Zuhaan's mind. He was, however, unaware of the society Shiza lived in. The area that Shiza comes from, don't have someone's parents, they have relations, uncles and aunts.

Zuhaan was trying his best, to make her talk the whole time, the car, the flight, everywhere. All she did was, Nod. Zuhaan was getting anxious, and growing worried. He had already called Zaid, who already was at Ashar's house waiting for Shiza along with Arun, Rajeev and Ali; all waiting for her. Zuhaan had described them, the condition Shiza was in. Probably the situation is going to make it worse, Ashar was in a bad shape.