Nightly Plans

I looked into Yuri's sweet purple eyes. I couldn't help but smile. She may have been fictional, but her love was genuine. My worries and sadness about Deanna were slowly fading away. My mind just filled with thoughts of Yuri.

Sadly, those thoughts didn't last long. I needed to see what Brandon wanted. Even though I didn't like him very much, I respected Roland. What Brandon wanted would most likely benefit the whole gang, so I didn't mind doing it if it would help the rest of the members.

I held Yuri's hand and looked into her eyes.

"Yuri, I'd really love to stay here with you, but I need to get some things done. I'll be back later on tonight, okay?"

"Where are you going," she asked.

"Well, I told someone I was gonna help them out with something."

"Oh okay, well be careful. I'll be waiting here for you."

We hugged once more before I left the room. I headed to Mike's room to get my butterfly knife and then I headed to the car. Before heading out, I also patted my waist to make sure I had the pistol, which I did. The drive to the gang hangout took a couple of minutes, but I didn't mind it. Maybe the task could give me some good pay.

I arrived at the house and knocked on the door. Brandon answered it almost immediately.

"Took you long enough. I messaged you hours ago."

"Were you waiting for me?"

"Of course." He exited the house and closed the door behind me. "Now listen, I need some help with a rival gang."

"You guys already have another gang after you?"

"Not them, just me. They call themselves the Blood Angels, and I really need help dealing with them. I would've went myself, but you took the pistol."

I took the pistol from the waist of my pants and held it out. "You can have it back. I don't think I need it anymore."

"Nah man, you keep it. I just need you to help me out."

I really didn't want to get into anymore gang conflict, but he seemed persistent on me keeping the pistol. He probably really needed the help.

I concealed the pistol again. "Okay, so what exactly do you need me to do?"

"Well, you know one of the members. Remember Cain?"

Oh my god, of course Cain was gonna be a part of this.

I sighed. "Yeah, I remember."

"Good. Then maybe you won't have to fight them after all. Try to reason with him and get him to leave me alone."

"Well I mean, I could try. But I think it's best that he doesn't see us together. He'll probably be alarmed. I'll follow you in my car and when you stop, I'll park behind you and you drive away. That way, it'll only be me going in."

"Alright, cool. Let's go then."

I got into my car and Brandon got into his truck. I followed his truck for a bit until he parked in front of a building. As soon as I parked behind him, he drove off. I looked at the building and noticed that there were a lot of people hanging around it. Some looked to be in their mid twenties. What could Cain be doing with people like this?

I got out of my car and casually approached the building. As I did, one of the members approached me.

"Aye, holmes, whatcha doing?"

"I just want to speak with Cain."

"Cain? Why?"

"He's a friend of mine. I need to speak with him."