Chapter 8

Emma's POV

Today I had gone as planned with the kids, but something was wrong with Killian. As he did spend the day with his kids he seemed alittle off. They were all napping and I decided to talk to Killian about what was going on with him.

"Hey can we talk?" I question.

"Sure Swan. Whats up?" Killian asks.

"Well lets see I think there is something wrong with you today. I mean after last night you said you trusted me with the kids and now your acting alittle off. Did I do something again?" I ask.

"No this isnt your fault its mine." He says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well it would seem after a month of being here they seem to like you and after last night they seem to like you even more. So Im worried that they will grow attached to you and hate me cause your always around and Im not as much." He says.

"Oh.... I didnt know you felt that way. Im sorry. Im not trying to do that. I dont want to do that." I say.

"I know Swan and its not your fault. This is on me. Even when Milah was alive I was thinking that they loved her and didnt really care about me at all." He says.

I said nothing at first and I just rubbed his back trying to make him less upset.

"You know I've been here awhile and well Logan doesnt remember his mother and cant talk so he doesnt say this, but..... Elliot and Kayden dont mention your sadly departed wife. They never mention their mother at all. Though they talk about you nonstop. Killian they do love you more then you know. As for whats to come I dont think they will ever hate you. I think that once the year of me being here is over they wont care because they have you. Your their father and you need to remember that they love you very much." I say.

"Wow is all that true?" He asks.

"Yes. Killian they adore you. Anyway lets talk about something happy." I say.

"Well what do you have in mind?" He asks.

"Well how about how Im trying to make sure Logan's first word is Dada. Kinda though that would be a nice thing to hear after a long day at work. It was gonna be a surprise, but after hearing what you said I thought you would like to know now." I say.

"Well thank you Swan thats very nice of you." He says.

It was like there was something happening between him and I, but before I could know for sure Elliot ran downstairs.

"Daddy. I had a bad dream." Elliot says and climbs into Killian's lap.

"It okay. You'll be okay." Killian says and just hugs his little boy.

"See I told you. They love you." I say to him.

I got off the couch and just watched the two of them. Killian is a great father and it made me feel good that I made Killian feel better. I then got a weird feeling that once this year is up Im gonna have a hard time letting go. A very hard time letting them all ago including Killian. Maybe this will pass. This will pass? Right?