Predator

Rafael sat behind his desk at his office, going through his emails while his brother Max was eating away a bag of chips, the crunching sound making it hard for him to focus. He didn't want to chase Max out of his office despite his brother being a nuisance with his freaking plastic bag of chips. He needed his brother's presence, Rose was after all paying him a visit soon. He needed someone calm and collected to be there so he wouldn't scare the girl away. He'd proceed with his plan once they were married. Then she'd belong to him and there would no interference from their families.

Max fidgeted with the bag some more which caused him to close his eyes and pray to God for some patience, "This is so good." Max informed him excitedly, "Sure you don't want some?" He held out the bag to him which he cursed to hell.

Rafael brushed him off with a wave of his hand, "No thanks."

"Suit yourself." He could hear the mocking tone in his brother's voice, "This is the best chips I've had so far."

He'd believe his brother if Max didn't change his mind every damn two seconds.

"You say that every time you try a new flavor of that spicy shit you like so much."

Max chuckled, "What can I say? I just like spicy food."

Rafael glanced up from his laptop, meeting his brother's amused gaze, "Eat a salad, put something healthy inside your body for once."

Max grinned at him, holding back a remark which he very much appreciated. Cleaning his hands, Max tossed away the empty bag and made his way over to the mini fridge, opening it and grabbing a can of soda out of it. He immediately opened it and knocked it back. Casually he made his way over to the one-seat in front of Rafael's desk again and behaved like he had no care in the world whatsoever. Rafael knew better though. Max had one of the toughest jobs there were, dealing with moody women and clients who thought they were Gods walking among common folk while in reality, they were douchebags whose teeth you wanted to punch out.

Max shifted in the one-seat causing the chair to creak, "I'll eat something healthy during dinner with Rose." He announced, making plans without Rafael being aware of them. It caused him to lose focus completely.

Rafael narrowed his eyes at his brother, "We're not having dinner with Rose."

Max' look told him this was going to be a challenge, "We are having dinner with her, the girl has to eat and so do we."

Rafael leaned back in his chair, letting out an exasperated sigh, "I'm not having dinner with that girl."

Max leaned forward, all amusement leaving his face as he responded in a tight voice, "That girl is your fiancée technically, a good husband should make sure his wife eats well."

"Says who?" Rafael asked him, "Aren't women nowadays all about being their own person and a man not telling them what to do?"

"It's what they say to their friends." Max smiled at him, getting to his feet when a knock echoed through the spacious office, "But deep down they all want to be wooed by Prince Charming."

Max opened the office door, he couldn't see his brother's face but he assumed Max greeted Rose with a big grin. The girl looked surprised and couldn't hide it when Max wrapped her up in his arms and gave her a big hug, nearly lifting her in the air. She was a slender girl, there was no doubt about his brother being able to do it. Max held back though, which was a good thing. It would make things too awkward seeing how forward he was being with her.
Shutting his laptop down, Rafael packed it and with light steps headed toward Max and Rose who were quietly talking about her plans for the weekend. She was again staying the weekend at her parents' house, nearly done with her thesis which only needed to be tweaked a little. By the time they'd get married she'd be ready to get a job, moving toward the future which she worked hard to achieve. Would she detest the idea of becoming a housewife? Probably. He tried to hide the amusement and straightened his shoulders while he addressed his future wife.