Mind Games

Rafael grabbed his wife's hips and lifted her up, his lips never parting from hers while he placed her on the counter. She wrapped her legs around his waist and pulled him in, entangling him while she slipped her tongue into his mouth. Smiling in the kiss he cupped her face and tilted her head back to deepen the kiss. She started to run her hands all over his body, causing his body to heat up and making him lose his patience. He trailed his hand over her leg, going up and up until he reached her waist. He tore his lips away from her when the ringing of their doorbell became too annoying to ignore.

He sighed, "Might be my parents again, they're the only ones who always interrupt our morning."

She smiled, "I'm going to freshen up." She hopped off the counter and made her way to their bedroom to pull herself together.

Rafael fixed his hair and clothes and then headed for the door, opening it rather roughly which caused Marcus to raise an eyebrow at him in question.

"What did that door ever do to you?" Marcus asked him, looking like he enjoyed his own joke way too much, "But seriously, I get that Max being in the hospital is tough on you but surely that's no reason for you to greet your guest so rudely."

"I never invited you over. You're an unwanted guest."

Marcus suddenly leaned in and wrapped an arm around his shoulders, dragging him inside while pulling the door shut behind them. He didn't invite the man in either, but apparently, Marcus was staying for breakfast. His wife would love that.

Marcus pulled away from him and headed to the living room, making himself right at home. The man sat down on the couch and gestured to the seat across him.

"We need to talk." Marcus told him, "This time I'm here for business."

Rafael took a seat across the man, cautious as to what Marcus was asking of him this time. Last time things worked out in their favor, but it could have gone seriously wrong if Chloe didn't take a liking to Sebastiano.

"What is it that you want from us this time?" Rafael asked him tightly, "We're kind of dealing with our own problems right now."

"Oh yes, but Mario Santo is not only a problem to you." Marcus glanced over his shoulder when Rose's footsteps came closer and closer, "Good morning, Rose." He greeted cheerfully, "Hope you enjoyed the sweets I brought over last time. I'm heading off to Belgium next week, I'll bring back some chocolate."

Rose didn't look too happy with Marcus' presence, but she managed to force a smile on her still heated looking face.

"You don't have to-"

"Nonsense." Marcus brushed her off with a flick of his hand, "Belgium chocolates are life-changing, sweetheart. Trust me, you're going to regret declining them."

Rafael met his wife's eyes and was grateful she still had the ability to read him without needing his words. She excused herself, muttering something about making some coffee and tea. It gave him time to pull Marcus back to the topic at hand. He didn't want the man to overstay his welcome. Marcus was a loose cannon, despite the man claiming he was no threat to them, Rafael still had his guard up at all times. A friend was the one who had easy access to stab him in the back. It was the reason why they only trusted their own. Family before everything had become their mantra, hoping blood would be thick enough to make them stay loyal to each other.

"Can you get to the point, Marcus, I planned to spend some alone time with my wife this morning. So I'd like to get this over with."

Marcus leaned forward, "Andrew wants to meet with you."