Mama Bear

Rose hadn't woken up since she was admitted to the hospital. Two days she had been asleep, two long days without knowing if she would ever wake up. Rafael was going mad, he couldn't patiently wait beside her and wish for the best. He wanted to barge up to the son of a bitch who put his wife in this position in the first place. His father and brothers wouldn't let him go through with it though. They watched him, made sure he never went anywhere without either one of them being present. They wanted to prevent him from doing anything stupid.

He was pacing back and forth, driving Aria and Max insane. Served them right for keeping him locked in like some caged animal. If he was suffering they should suffer along with him.

He felt Aria's eyes follow him, with every second that passed his sister's stare got more intense and then she broke, "I can't take it anymore!" Aria raised her voice which caused Max beside her to jump and then tiredly sigh. Aria ripped her arm away when Max tried to calm her down, "Don't." She warned him, "I get that you want to get revenge." Aria got to her feet and approached him, grabbing onto his arms and keeping him in place, "But hurting that man is not going to help Rose."

"Me sitting here and doing nothing isn't helping her either." He told his little riled up sister through gritted teeth, trying to keep his voice as calm as possible.

She tightened her hold on him, he could feel her nails dig into his skin but she wasn't letting go even though he was clenching his teeth together to bite through the pain. If she kept that up she'd draw blood.

"The hell, Aria?!" He stepped back to get out of her grip, "You trying to scratch me up?" He folded his arms across his chest, "Like a cat?" He asked more quietly, confused as to what his sister was trying to do to him exactly.

She trailed her eyes down, embarrassment clear in her eyes and posture. It hadn't been her intention to scratch him up like that, it was her keeping her anger in. It made him realize he was drowning in his own anger, not being able to see that those around him were just as furious. One of their own got attacked and they knew exactly who it was, but there wasn't much they could do. His mother had voiced that out when she saw Rose for the first time. Pia had lost it, cursing Mario in every possible way. That time he didn't stop her like he did when they first learned about Mario being in their lives. They were all pissed and as their rock, he needed to support his family the way they supported him.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

He walked around the little-embarrassed cat of a sister and stepped to his wife's bed, she was healing up but he could hardly recognize her. Black and blue that is how he'd describe her. He brushed his fingers over her hand, her warmth letting him know that she was still there. Still breathing, still alive.

"She'll wake up," Aria told him in a quiet voice. It didn't sound like she believed her own words so she wasn't convincing him either, "She'll wake up." She repeated.

Rafael faced his quiet brother, "Go get her something to drink."

Max got out of his seat, "Sure, the one still recovering from Mario's last attack will go run errands." His brother gave him lip, but still left the room to grab their upset sister something to drink. They both knew it was their only option considering no one was leaving him out of their sight. One way or another Max would have ended up out there, running errands.

"Mom and dad are on their way." Aria informed him, "They texted me a while ago, but you know you were acting insane so I didn't dare to tell you."

Rafael sat down in Max' seat, the minute he let his body rest the tiredness crashed over him. He could barely keep himself together, he'd fall right asleep then and there if it wasn't for his sister. She sat down beside him, leaning in close. The scent of coconut surrounded him, it was subtle but somehow still very calming.