Chapter 5

Nash POV

I walked up to her locker seeing her packing her things in a bag, 'what's she doing?' Thought. I got closer until I heard her start talking, "I can't do this anymore" she cried. "I can't live like this anymore" she cried again. "I want to end it all" she sobbed and at that point I ran over. "Clementine" I said and she looked at me before grabbing her bag, I looked at her locker and it was empty. Oh shit no, I started running after her as she got further away. I can't let her do this to herself, I run out to the school car park and got in my car before exiting.

Clementine ran home and she didn't live far so she's probably home by now, I drove to her house and pulled up on the drive way. I knocked on the door but there was no answer so I went to open the door and thankfully it was open, I ran inside and looked around the house listening. I soon heard her crying from the bathroom and ran there as fast as I could, the door half open I ran in and stopped when I saw her on her knees with a blade in her hand. Her wrists leaking with blood, "Clementine no!" I shouted taking the blade from her and tossing it down the toilet before flushing. She leapt out to reach for the toilet to recover the blade but I held her back and then it was gone.

"No!" She cried and I just held her, "how could you!" She screamed and I just held her in my arms. I didn't care that my shirt had her blood on it but I just wanted her to know she was going to be okay. "I wanna die" she sobbed and I rubbed her back, "no I'm not letting you" I said and I reached over to the cabinet and I luckily found the first aid kit. I took out some bandages and stuff for me to clean the blood and cuts. I picked her up off the floor and sat her on the edge of the sink before beginning to clean her wrists. She quietly sobbed as I cleaned her up and when I was done I kissed both her wrists and picked her up bridal style and carried her to her room. I sat down on the bed with her in my arms and she just clinged to my shirt.

"I'm sorry" I whispered to her and she just continued to sob quietly, "I tried to tell them to stop" I said and she just nodded into my chest. "Nash?" She said and I looked down at her, "yes?" I answered and she shuffled in my lap. "Why did you come after me?" She asked and I didn't want to tell her the real reason as to why. "Because hurting someone to the point they don't want to live isn't right" I said and she looked at me tiredly. "You should get some rest" I said and she nodded as I gently laid her down on her bed and pulled up the blankets on the end to cover her.

I stayed a while until she fell asleep then I left and walked into the kitchen, I served a glass of water and bought it to her room before leaving again. Then I heard the front door open then shut. I looked around the corner and I saw her dad, "Nash what are you doing here?" He asked. "Its Clementine I bought her home and she just in her room resting" I said and he looked at me like something was wrong. "I found her in the bathroom wanting to kill herself and she ran out of school" I stated and he nodded. "Nash do you want to stay?" He asked and I shook my head, "no just call me when she wakes up" I said and he nodded then I left the house and headed home early.

Clementine POV

A few hours later I woke up with a headache and sting to my wrists, then I remembered what happened. I remembered Nash finding me in the bathroom, I looked down at my bandaged wrists then the door opened and Dad entered. "Sweetheart you okay?" He asked and I nodded. "Nash told me what happened" he said and I nodded again, "I'm sorry dad" I said and he kissed my forehead. "No it's fine but you should've told us and why did you do it?" He asked and I did t want to say it was because of Nash and his friends bullying me.

So I made up a story but it was slightly the truth, "school and being bullied" I said and he nodded. "I'll talk to the school" he said and I nodded before he readjusted my pillows and I laid down comfortably.

Dad soon came back in and handed me the phone and I took it before holding it up to my ear.

N- Nash C- Clementine

N- hey

C- hi

N- how you feeling?

C- sore

N- do you remember what happened?

C- yes and thank you Nash

N- your welcome and I'm sorry

C- okay

N- you better rest

C- but I'm not tired

N- see you at school tomorrow

N- bye

C- bye

After that phone call I felt a funny feeling inside of me. Just the thought of Nash gave me butterflies. Was I in love with my bully.