12

"Stop asking, Jeno, I won't say I missed you," Jaemin rolled his eyes.

"Really? Am I not irreplaceable? You had too much fun with the tenth grader and you forgot about me?" Jeno pouted as he leaned closer towards Jaemin.

"Yah! Stop it," Jaemin pushed him away.

They were sitting on Jaemin's table (Jeno dragged his chair) in class before the bell rang. The black-haired boy kept asking his friend whether he missed him or not.

"And who said I had fun with those three? Only Renjun showed up, and it wasn't a very pleasant encounter," Jaemin continued.

"What? I thought Chenle and Jisung came," Jeno furrowed his eyebrows, "What's with Renjun, though?"

Jaemin ended up explaining all about Renjun, from the day he found Renjun in the lavatory until that night at the cafe. He left out the part about his micro crush on Renjun. Jaemin thought Jeno wasn't ready to hear it yet.

"Poor guy," Jeno commented as Jaemin finished his story, "He must has been stressing out, lately. I agree with you, he needs more friends, but he makes himself unapproachable. How will you get through his walls?"

"I'll find a way," Jaemin said, half assuring himself that he would, for real, find a way.

"Okay, but if you get hurt," Jeno made a gesture by raising up both of his hands, saying that he's out of it.

"I won't, I promise."

×××

Jaemin just finished basketball practice. He was sweating like crazy, so he changed into a fresh t-shirt in the locker room. After saying goodbyes to his teammate, Jaemin left to the lobby.

The dusk was approaching, alongside with a small drizzle. Jaemin pulled out his umbrella that he brought anywhere, opened it, and started walking outside the school ground.

Jaemin didn't mind the rain at all, he grew accustomed to the natural phenomenon. As long as it wasn't a thunderstorm, then it was okay.

Before really going home, Jaemin stopped by a minimarket to buy something to eat for dinner. He basically lived alone in his house. His parents worked all day and didn't come home until ten. His half brother who was in college, lived with his friend on the other side of the town. It was just him at home.

Jaemin grabbed a pack of instant ramyeon and a bag of chips. When he walked to the cold drinks aisle, he found a friend of him crouching in front of a refrigerator.

"Donghyuck? What are you doing here?"

The auburn-haired boy just shrugged, "Making a life decision."

Jaemin walked closer and saw that the boy was trying to decide which drink was he going to buy.

"Banana milk is good," Jaemin suggested.

"Nah, I'll go with mango juice," Donghyuck took one of the juice out, "What are you doing here, Jaemin? Just finished basketball practice, I assume?"

"Yeah, I—hold on, how did you know we had a practice? We don't usually hold practice on Monday," Jaemin narrowed his eyes.

"I-I heard some of your teammates were talking about it," Donghyuck nervously said, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"No reason," Jaemin smiled, looking satisfied with the boy's reaction, "Chill, I'm not going to do anything."

"Aish!" Donghyuck clicked his tongue, "You haven't answered my question, why are you here?"

"Oh, me? I'm buying ramyeon for dinner," Jaemin waved the instant food packaging, which Donghyuck cringed at.

"That's not very healthy, you know?" Donghyuck said, "Can't you cook?"

"Eh... No?"

"God, you are pathetic for a popular guy."

"I'm not pathetic nor popular."

"Sure you aren't, sugarplum," Donghyuck took out a lunchbox from his bag, and handed it over to Jaemin, "Here. Eat this instead."

"Why did you bring a lunchbox? I thought you eat the cafeteria food."

"I did. It was for a person, but I was too scared to actually give it to them," Donghyuck scratched his nape, "I made it by myself."

Jaemin opened the box, which contained rice, fried shrimps, a boiled egg, and kimchi.

"You... Cooked this all?"

"Yes, so you better finish it up, boy!" Donghyuck zipped his bag, "Alright, I have to go. I have to cook for my siblings. See you around, Jaemin. Don't forget to return my lunchbox tomorrow!"

Jaemin paid for his stuff and went home. That night, he finally ate something other than instant food for dinner. Donghyuck was good at cooking, he admitted. As much as he liked the food, Jaemin thought that it's too bad he didn't give the lunchbox to that someone.

Written : March 18th 2018
Published : May 6th 2018
Double update because you guys deserve any kind of goodness in this mundane world. I hope I made your day by this simple action such as double-updating my story. I would like you to have a good day :)