3

Everybody had seen a flower before. But have you ever seen an enlarged picture of a flower petal? The vibrant color and the tiny details we didn't pay attention to became way more clearer, and we admired it even more.

That's how Jaemin felt the first time he saw Huang Renjun up close. He seemed so fragile, like he was made of glass. His dark brown hair  fell on his forehead, eyes glistening, button nose, spaces between his teeth, thin pink lips.

Petite body figure, soft and clear skin, beautiful fingers.

As the boy laid on the bed next to his, Jisung and Jeno started to chat. Jeno laughed at Jisung's stupidity and wished the knocked out boy a good luck. He knew how strong Jisung's kicks were.

Jaemin didn't say anything, he just stared at Huang Renjun. Because, how can a person be so beautiful.

Renjun closed his eyes and tried to control his breath. His left hand touched his forehead once, and he winced in pain—which made Jaemin winced too. The way he touched his own forehead... It looked so gentle, Jaemin wondered what would it feel like if it was his forehead instead.

"Jaemin, do you need any food? Why are you zoning out? Please stay awake, I don't want you to die," Jeno bombarded him with words, all of a sudden.

"Shut up, I'm not dying," Jaemin muttered as he rolled around, back facing his friends and Huang Renjun.

He couldn't risk his friends knowing a tint of pink started to appear on his cheeks. So, Jaemin burried himself underneath the thick blanket that the school provided.

Not long after that, the nurse came back and kicked out Jeno and Jisung. They had to go back to their classes, anyway.

"Here's your ice pack, Huang." Jaemin heard the nurse said.

She finally left them both alone in their beds, and went to her desk in front. Jaemin held his breath under the blanket, he's afraid of what he would see if he turned around.

Eventually, he got tired laying on one side, so he turned, but kept his head hidden. He could hear the soft breath of the boy next to him. It sounded so fainted, Jaemin was afraid that he stopped breathing.

After a while, Jaemin pulled the blanket down, revealing his head. Huang Renjun slept on one side and was facing him. He closed his eyes, but Jaemin had no idea whether the boy was really sleeping or only pretending to. Jaemin couldn't help but admiring him, whatsoever. Renjun looked so peaceful when he was laying down with his eyes closed, almost like an angel.

Suddenly, Renjun sneezed and it shocked the hell out of Jaemin. His eyes fluttered open and for awhile, their eyes met one another.

Renjun's eyes were mesmerizing. Jaemin couldn't look away, he just continued to stare as if he got sucked into a supermassive black hole.

Renjun blinked a couple of times and decided to turn around. Jaemin let out a small sigh. It could be the last time he saw Renjun right in his eyes.

Jaemin wished the moment had lasted a little bit longer.

Written : March 15th 2018
Published : April 15th 2018