15

The days went better, and better, and better for both Jaemin and Renjun. They still got a little bit of teasing, mostly from the basketball team. Renjun was still acting stiff around Jaemin, but he started to open up bit by bit. Renjun also didn't mind if Jeno popped in alongside with Jaemin when they talked. Chenle, being a supportive friend, sometimes left Renjun with Jaemin and Jeno so he could socialize more. Jaemin? He was sure that he fell deeper for Renjun. That's not the problem for Jaemin to think of right now. What mattered was being a good friend for Renjun, because after getting to know the boy, Jaemin knew instantly that he needed to be backed up.

"I can't do it."

"Junnie, I swear to God, if you say it one more time—"

"I'll stutter!"

"Dude, you're just ordering an ice cream, relax," Jeno patted Renjun's back, "Go on. We'll be right behind you."

"Why can't we order together?" Renjun whined.

It was Saturday, and Chenle gladly arranged a hang out session (that's what he called it) for all of them in his favorite, new ice cream parlor. Jaemin remembered the last time he went here, was to make a video with Chenle.

"Suck it up, Renjun-ge!"

"Don't tell me what to do, Chenle!"

"Stop speaking in Chinese, I'm lost!" Jeno pushed the lanky boy, "Go. Now."

Renjun gulped but gradually walked to the counter.

"Hello," the girl behind the counter smiled, "What do you want to order?"

Renjun gawked and looked at the display. There were a lot of flavor, but his eyes caught his favorite. Thai tea flavor.

"Um... I... I..." Renjun kept on looking at the display. It felt like a century passed by before he felt an arm around his shoulder.

"One Thai tea and one matcha, thanks."

Renjun looked to his left to find Jaemin smiling widely at the girl.

"Okay, please wait for a moment."

As the girl went to pick their orders, Renjun pushed Jaemin's arm away, "I was going to do it."

"Sure you was," Jaemin chuckled.

Soon, the girl handed them their orders and Jaemin pulled out his wallet.

"Yah! Let me pay for my ice cream!" Renjun quickly grabbed his own wallet too.

"Shush!" Jaemin ended up paying for their ice cream.

"You guys are cute together. How long have you two been dating?" The girl cooed when she gave Jaemin the change.

"We're not dating!" Both of the boys stated at the same time, earning a 'yeah really' gaze from the girl.

They went to their table, where Chenle and Jeno had already sat. Chenle ordered three scoops of ice cream, while Jeno only had a glass of chocolate milkshake.

"You froze," Chenle snickered when Renjun sat across from him with Jaemin.

"Shut up," Renjun pouted. Even though he looked pretty pissed with Chenle's teasings, his eyes glimmered every time he ate a spoonful of his Thai tea ice cream. Jaemin had to resist the urge to pinch the boy's cheek.

"You guys look so cute together," Jeno smiled from ear to ear, "If I didn't know you, I would assume that you two are dating."

"Wow, thanks, you're the second person to say that today," Jaemin rolled his eyes.

"Who was the first one?"

"That girl behind the cash register."

"Don't forget Jisung and me," Chenle added.

"Can we talk about another topic?" Renjun asked, a clear tone of annoyance was visible.

"Sure thing, Junnie."

"Jaemin stop calling me Junnie."

"Eh? But it's cute!"

"My name is Renjun, not Junnie."

"Just call him Nana, Renjun," Jeno stopped their bickering while stirring his milkshake, "It's a nickname he got when we were in elementary school."

"Wow, you guys have known each other since elementary school?" Chenle asked.

"That's why I'm sick of this boy," Jaemin pointed out at Jeno.

"Shut up Nana."

"Jeje, I swear, if you don't stop—"

"Yeah, shut up, Nana," Renjun popped in, a wide grin was plastered on his face.

Jaemin stared at the boy next to him with wide eyes. The way Renjun pronounced his oh-so-embarrassing nickname, Nana, sounded so beautiful. Jaemin almost cried of joy.

"Nobody's going to call me?" Chenle scoffed, "I'm offended."

"Shut up, Lele," both Renjun and Jaemin said.

"Hohoho, otp," Jeno smirked.

Written : March 20th 2018
Published : May 10th 2018
Surprise update because I'm in Starbucks and they have wifi yas. So why not updating? Hope u have a great day!