19

Saturday came quicker than a blink of an eye. Before he knew, Jaemin already stood in front of Chenle's doorstep with a plate of chocolate pudding.

When the door was opened, he was greeted by the dolphin boy. The others were already there. Jeno was in the kitchen with Jisung, bothering the younger while he tried to cook. Renjun on the other hand just watched from the kitchen island, laughing away with a glass of orange juice on his hand.

"Hi, guys!" Jaemin sat on the stool next to Renjun, "I brought pudding."

"Finally, something worth-eating!" Jeno quickly grabbed a plate.

"Hyung, I'm trying to cook here!" Jisung pretended to hit Jeno with his big wooden spoon.

"You made this on your own?" Renjun asked, pointing at the pudding.

"Yeah, I got some help from Donghyuck, though," Jaemin admitted. He skyped the tanned boy last night because he was so lost in making pudding.

"Since when are you two friends?" Jisung snorted.

"Hey, I've known Donghyuck since junior high school," Jaemin said, "He's nice, you know. Can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but still."

"Lucky for him, he's Mark-hyung's crush. Or else, I would've kicked his butt from a long time ago."

"You wouldn't kick him, Jisung, you're a softie. Don't forget what we were talking about in the bleachers, sweetheart."

Jaemin only laughed when Jisung threw an inappropriate hand gesture towards him, which received a scold from Jeno.

"What were you guys talking about?" Chenle asked.

"Oh, nothing," Jaemin smiled from ear to ear, "You should ask Jisung himself."

Chenle turned to Jisung, who had became as red as a tomato.

"What is it about, Jisung? You usually tell me anything," Chenle asked with big, glimmering eyes.

Jisung just shook and focused back on the tteokbokki in front of him. Jaemin held back the urge to laugh.

"Hey, Jaemin, can I talk to you? Alone?" Renjun added when he saw Jeno leaned against the island, ready to eavesdrop.

"Sure," Jaemin jumped off the stool and went to the living room, away from the others. "What's up, Renjun?"

Renjun fidgeted with the hem of his sweater, "Look, I'm sorry... for what happened a few days ago, in the rooftop—"

"No, it's okay—"

"Jaemin, you don't understand. It is normal for me to have moodswings. It was just me, being tired."

"Tired of what, Junnie?" Jaemin asked, his words were nothing more than a whisper, "Yes, you're tired, I know that. I can feel it. If you say that you're tired of school, bullshit. Even if you are, you still have more behind it, don't you?"

Renjun looked at Jaemin as if he's going to break into tears anytime soon.

Jaemin licked his bottom lip and grabbed Renjun's wrists, "I'm also fucked up, okay, Junnie? I know what it feels like to be tired of things that you kept to yourself, but it is not healthy. It's not healthy, shutting other people out. Please, Renjunnie, I need to know. Call me irritating, I don't care. All I care about is you, and for fuck's sake, your sanity. At least, just, let me know when you're feeling down. It's okay if you don't want to talk about it just yet."

Renjun tilted his head from side to side, as if he was judging whether Jaemin was lying or telling the truth. The next second, Jaemin was startled because the lanky boy hugged the hell out of him.

"It is hard for me to open up to people, because I've been let down," Renjun said next to his ears, "If you meant what you said, please be patient with me. Do you think you can do it, Nana?"

Jaemin smiled, "I know I can, Junnie."

When they were back at the kitchen, Jisung had already finished his cooking. Turned out his tteokbokki was edible, and Chenle was beyond happy. He repeatedly complimented Jisung, which made the boy's turned beet red. Jeno, on the other hand, still mocked Jisung's cooking because he thought it was too sweet.

As Jaemin ate his portion, he caught Jeno's eyes. There was a brief of silence in between those two, before Jeno smiled and winked. Even though they're not related by blood, Jaemin and Jeno had this strong, special bond where they understood each other.

Jeno knew better things were coming their way.

Written : March 20th 2018
Published : May 16th 2018
I supposed to publish this three hours ago but as soon as I laid down on my bed after school, I fell asleep. Idk I'm stressing out and I'm having a headache lol send help.