14

"Jaemin."

His eyes widened, but came back to their normal size as he closed the locker.

Jaemin cleared his throat, "Renjun."

The guy was holding a couple of books with his right arm, his bag hung from his left shoulder. Jaemin didn't expect Renjun to come and talk to him after school, but there they were, about to start a conversation in the hallway. People were starting to stare at their way.

"You're free now? Or do you have basketball practice?" Renjun asked, his eyes were cold as he looked at Jaemin.

"No, I'm free."

"Good, I need to talk to you."

"Okay, um," Jaemin looked around, "But is it okay if we move—"

"Come on," Renjun walked away, and Jaemin followed him. They didn't stop until they reached the football field. Renjun sat on the ground, underneath a big tree.

"So," Jaemin started as he sat across from Renjun, "What's up?"

Renjun took a deep breath and exhaled, "You know Jisung and Chenle fucked up."

Jaemin was shook, he never heard the boy cursed before, "Y-yeah."

"I talked to Chenle. He said... it's better for me to... to..."

"To?" Jaemin raised one of his eyebrows.

"Shut up, I'm still talking."

"Sorry."

Renjun rolled his eyes but continued nonetheless, "Chenle said it's better for me to start hanging out with other people than him."

At this point Jaemin didn't know where would the conversation go. He's confused, what was Renjun trying to tell him?

"Okay... Sorry, but I don't get it," Jaemin said.

"Ugh! How does people make friend with another people? Why is this hard? Lord, is it just me, or is the person sitting in front of me is stupid?" Renjun groaned.

"Hey, what did you say?" Jaemin got curious since Renjun said the last part in Chinese, "Nevermind, but let me get this straight. So, basically... Chenle. He told you to befriend me?"

"God, that sounds embarassing, but yes," Renjun nodded.

Jaemin blinked a couple of time. Honestly, what's wrong with Huang Renjun.

"Are you comfortable with it, though? Friendship cannot be forced, it just happen."

"Why did I agree to stay with you at the cafe if I'm not comfortable with you?" Renjun snapped, completely annoyed.

Boom. That, ladies and gentlemen, was the sound of Jaemin's heart.

"Okay," Jaemin stopped for awhile before saying, "Then why the hell are you telling me this? Oh my God, this is embarrassing. We don't have to declare that we're friends. You can just ask me, hey Jaemin, do you wanna hang out after school—something like that! God, Renjun, what is wrong with you?"

Renjun let out a laugh, a real one that threw Jaemin off the edge. Oh, how heavenly it sounded to Jaemin's ears. His eyes squinted close, and his face went red. Renjun continued to laugh for awhile.

"Why are we awkward?" He asked while wipping his tears.

"You made it awkward," Jaemin rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, sorry. Remind me not to get irritated by you often, okay. Since we're friends now."

"Yes, okay, stop saying it, it's weird. God."

Written : March 20th 2018
Published : May 9th 2018
Wtf is this omg