36

"He's not here."

Jaemin froze on his spot, before slowly turned around to face Kim Doyoung. There was no anger nor any negative facial expression on the older's face. Just Kim Doyoung being his usual self.

After a few consideration, Jaemin decided to sneak into the auditorium to meet Renjun earlier. He made sure the room was clear, and tip toed his way in when Doyoung went to the lavatory. He searched for the Chinese boy in the backstage, but luck was against him that day. He encountered the senior when he was busy peeking inside one of the changing room.

"Sorry, Doyoung-ssi," Jaemin nervously smiled, "I better get going—"

"No, wait. I want to have some words with you," Doyoung pointed his chin at a sofa next to an artificial tree, "If you don't mind, though."

Realizing that he was speaking with a senior, Jaemin obeyed. Jaemin sat on the sofa while Doyoung pulled a short stool and sat across from Jaemin. None of them said a word at first, Doyoung just texted someone on his phone while Jaemin fidgeted with the hem of his shirt.

"Right, so," Doyoung kept his phone in his pocket before turning his gaze at the boy, "First of all, I'm not trying to corner you and say hurtful shit, no. I just want to talk about Renjun because we both know damn well that he's hurt. Second of all, drop the formality. Yes I'm a senior, so what? I don't care about batches and all those silly things, seniority or whatever. So, just call me Doyoung. Or Doyoung-hyung. I don't like the... —ssi you added to my name. Ew, so formal."

"O-okay, Doyoung-hyung," Jaemin nodded. Doyoung was so easy to talk to, but that didn't stop Jaemin from being nervous.

"Alright, Jaemin," Doyoung smiled, "Do you find Renjun, my bro, attractive?"

Jaemin's eyes got widened, "Um... I—"

"Just be honest, because Renjun himself is head over heels for you."

"I thought he hates me now."

"For what you've done in front of the whole school? Nah, he's disappointed but no he doesn't hate you. Trust me, Renjun is like an open book for me."

Jaemin frowned. How can this guy said that when Jaemin struggled to get to know Renjun.

"I read people by the way they act and react. Renjun is a tough one, but I managed to see it through," Doyoung explained, "But yeah, as I was saying, Renjun was disappointed. Maybe because he likes you and he thought you like him back, and yes the usual plotting that can be seen in movies. Do you like him, Na Jaemin?"

Even though he felt like he suffocated, Jaemin croaked out a small answer. "Yes. A lot."

Doyoung smiled, more like to himself rather than to Jaemin.

"Then you know what you should do, right?" Doyoung asked, "Because, honestly, if I was in Renjun's position I'll be so damn disappointed too. It's like you were just playing around with my feelings, when you know I had some issues in the past. Renjun did nothing to you, didn't he, Jaemin?"

Jaemin shook, "I was just jealous of you. Renjun spent more of his time with you lately."

"Aish," Doyoung chuckled, "Young love. If this can make you feel at ease, I'm taken."

"I know. My brother is your boyfriend's buddy."

Doyoung blinked. "What a small world we live in."

"Yeah, I feel so stupid when I found out. I was stupid to do that to Renjun, so," Jaemin shrugged, "I have to apologize."

"No, Lord, that sounds so wrong. Not apologize... Justify some things with Renjun. That's more like it."

"Okay, then I'll justify some things with Renjun," Jaemin smiled for the first time ever since they started the conversation, "But I don't know where he is."

"Oh, he's back at his apartment. I asked him earlier, texted him to make sure he's home," Doyoung patted Jaemin's right upper arm, "Go get him, tiger."

Written : April 9th 2018
Published : June 22nd 2018

Double update because I love you all <3