Disease

Part 25 of Disease
Weeks later,after my session with Doctor Jojo,it's Hubby's time to visit me..He has missed visiting the past few times so am really anxious to know if he will come today..It has been hard not knowing if he's fine or not..He doesn't leave a message with Doctor Jojo for me anymore..What happened?why are things like this??I go wait for him in the visitor's room as i always do..It's always sad when other inmates find me there sitted,their guests come and leave when am still there..Although this has been happening, am still hoping today he will come..He needs to know how much i have improved,how good Doctor Jojo has been of help to me,how fast time is flying and I'll be back home within no time.He should know am now ready to try for a child,am sure he'll be so proud of me..

An hour later, when am almost giving up,he shows up..There he is..my handsome old guy..he looks so sharp..he's in this really nice silver suit..Apart from that he looks really happy..He hugs me so tight and all i can do is cry..I had missed him.."baby, am sorry for everything... How are things in here so far?"he asks holding my hand as we sit.."Baby, it's been amazing..I'll be home soon..how is Alex?" I ask...i can see he's not really impressed by that.."just finish the programme honey,then some home,relax, then we can think of the way forward.."he responds..."what happened? You don't come these days?"i ask...for a moment he's quiet then looks at me."see how sharp i look?!you love it right?.."he says laughing,"i have a surprise for you..just get out of here and you'll see.. "He adds..i can't seem to understand but he looks happy and that is my happiness..i haven't seen my hubby this happy in a long time...the last time he was like this was 5 years ago after his salary was doubled..." Tell me now honey... I want to know.."i say, but he insists that he'll tell me the following week when he comes to see me..i only hope he won't miss coming next time..i only wish he knows how much that breaks my heart..

After hours of talking and taking selfies with my hubby once again,it's time for him to go now..."promise me you'll come next week honey..i feel lonely on visiting days..please come.."i plead with him before he goes..he assures me he'll be there and that gives my heart peace..hubby has never broken a promise he made to me so am now gonna be happy woman this week..finally,i don't have to be worried anymore.I always cry when he leaves so it's another moment of tears..Carole is always there to console me and i always feel safe in her presence..She helps me get into bed and she leaves me to sleep..

In the middle of my sleep,am awoken by this bad feeling of vomiting...its the third day am feeling like this..i rush to the washroom but nothing much comes out.. I might be sick..i call Carole and explain what i am feeling..She quickly suggests we do a pregnancy test..how now??i can't possibly be pregnant..i had a 10 years implant,i couldn't have gotten pregnant that fast..We head to the center clinic and there i get a blood test and urine test done..Carole and i take a walk before the results come out..Later on the nurse calls Carole to tell her about the results...Just looking at her,i can tell what the results are...i sigh...

©Brendah Jons