Chapter 14

"Dad, I don't want to be an apprentice anymore." Cloudpaw exclaimed during evening meal.
I wonder why. I thought sarcastically.
Shadefur, Cloudpaw, and I were eating three mice by Fallen Log. Smokepaw preferred sitting by a young she cat apprentice that he had met, named Riverpaw. I had only talked to her a couple times, but she seemed pretty nice.
"Why not?" Shadefur asked, pausing his attempt to take a bite of mouse.
"Reedfur is terrible!" She whispered loudly, trying to stay dramatic without anyone else hearing.
Shadefur chuckled a little.
(A/N YAY! Using this font, I was able to fix my italics. From hear on out, I will now be able to make thought bubbles, or more dramatic speaking. And thank you guys SO much! I have reached over a hundred readers! I really appreciate all the support. Again, thank you, and enjoy the rest of the story!)
    "It's not funny dad! All he ever does is scold me, or attack me out of no where and then lecture me on how 'A true Warrior is always ready for anything'." She complained using a deep mocking voice, imitating Reedfur.
Sounds like Reedfur. I thought, laughing to myself.
    "Well, you know that Reedfur has been, a tad grumpy lately since he didn't become deputy." Shadefur mewed, longingly looking at his half eaten mouse.
Cloudpaw thumped her paw on the ground and let out a puff of air.
    "I say, if anyone from ForestClan did attack me, I suspect him." She mumbled under her breath.
She obviously wanted to keep that to herself, but I was close enough to barely be able to hear her.
Suddenly, the memory of my sister being dragged back to camp, weak and bloody, flooded into my mind. Then I remembered something else, something that made me lose my appetite.
Reedfur's face, I thought, he didn't seem sad, he seemed, happy. Satisfied...
    "Proud." I whispered, shock making me numb.
Maybe Reedfur attacking Cloudpaw wasn't so far fetched after all. Maybe, Wasppaw was innocent.
    Maybe, the whole Clan was in grave danger.