Chapter 22

"What? How? What does it mean?" He asked.
I looked away.
"Waspclaw, is the darkness. And, I am the fire. I am the one who needs to stop Waspclaw." I said finally.
Timberstar's fear slowly faded away. He straitened with, what looked almost like, satisfaction. Maybe he felt more secure, knowing now what the omen meant. He looked forward, and padded past me out of the den. He motioned with his tail for me to stay put, but my curiosity overruled me, so I followed him, and spotted him sliding into the medicine den. I quickened my pace, and listened carefully at the entrance. I heard him meowing stern fully at Oakfoot.
    "You will not provide anymore care to this cat, do you understand?" He ordered.
I gasped. But... he would die! Why would Timberstar do something like this? I heard Oakfoot respond immediately.
"No! He will die without my help! I need to save him, he is part of the Clan!" She objected.
I heard Timberstar snarl.
"You will do as I say, or risk execution in front of the whole Clan." He hissed.
"And I will gladly do it myself." He added.
Oakfoot was silent, and then she sighed.
"I always knew that there was darkness within you. My duty is to my Clan. And that means all of my Clan, no matter the consequences." She mewed.
I heard Timberstar hiss.
"Very well, so be it. We will appoint a new medicine cat. One that knows how to follow orders." He growled.
Then, I heard the most terrible sound. A small scream. It was cut off immediately by a gurgle, then a thud.
"And good riddance." I heard Timberstar meow.
I was taken aback by shock. Timberstar, our leader, had killed our medicine cat. I turned around and fled out of camp. I went towards the waterfall, and stopped as a luminous shape stepped in front of me.
"Where do you think your going?" Reedfur growled.
My ears went flat.
"I... I was just going for a drink by the waterfall. I couldn't sleep." I mewed.
He glared at me. I noticed his claws were unsheathed.
"Timberstar sent me after you. He saw you fleeing away from the medicine den when he left it. He told me to bring you back." He hissed,
Then, he took a step forward.
"At any cost." He added.
I took a step back, and he stalked towards me.
"I have wanted revenge on your family ever since your father stole my shot at deputy. The pathetic fur ball." He meowed.
I gulped, and Reedfur's tail started waving back and forth. He leaned back, and jumped on me. Dug his claws into my shoulders, leaving me defenseless. I cried for help, but my voice was drowned out by the roar of the waterfall.
"Say goodbye to your precious destiny." Reedfur hissed.
Then, he prepared for the death bite.